Wednesday, September 29, 2010

birthday boy

We had fun celebrating Rex's birthday last week.  He loves Lego so this year his cake was a Lego cake.
Opening presents is always a highlight...
For breakfast he requested a bacon and cheese roll...followed up by a nice goblet of milk. :)
I remember one year, I think it was his 3rd birthday, we gave him a box of brownies and he went crazy, he was so excited.  This year I wrapped up a pineapple and he was thrilled!!!
I also made him a ninja outfit.  He wants to start a ninja group with his mates.

We had friends over for some cake and ice cream and sparklers.

Lots of yummy cupcakes for his class at school.
We celebrated Rex's birthday with our friend Wes who was also having a birthday (Wes is the dad to the non Finch kids in the picture.)  We celebrated by going together to see Despicable Me.  Cute movie!
He may have been a little excited about his Lego airplane. :)  Happy Birthday, Rex!!  Hugs and kisses all around.

2 comments:

Mom Schill said...

Great photos! It was fun to see Rex's birthday photos. I enjoyed talking with him on the phone and hearing him tell me all about his birthday activities and great presents. He even mentioned about getting a pineapple for one of his special presents.

Ashley Schill said...

What a fun birthday Rex had! You did a great job on his lego cake! That is hilarious he was so excited about the pinapple, I will remember that when Jamisen gets older. It's always the simple things they love!