Monday, December 27, 2010

kickin it on the beach

The kids waiting on the stairs for moment we give them the go ahead to run down the hall.
Before we opened presents we headed to Queen's Cliff Beach and opened a few presents (beach related presents) The weather was perfect!!  We were there by about 8am and we spent the
next hour playing.  Rex got a new body board and loved using it on the huge waves.


It was fun, something we have never done before.  Our Bishop and his family went to New Zealand for a few weeks and brought us back this mat.  We have been wanting one for a long time.  We love it!!
Livi got a snazzy new beach chair, one that keeps her way off the ground so that sand doesn't get all over her. She isn't a fan of sand .
Jack is a bit of a maniac at the beach.  He likes to consume a large amount of sand in a short amount of time.

 

                                                                 Merry Christmas morning!
Jack got his first pair of flip flops.  I love his chubby feet in them. So tender!
Rex is the one you can see riding in the wave.  Jared is behind him...not the guy on the speedo..thank heavens. haha!

I put Jack's feet in the water and at first he curled his legs up, but after a few times he loved it and wanted to dive in.
Lucy loves, loves, loves the beach.

Livi just likes the beach. :)

Together they had fun though.

We got home about 9:30 and we opened pressies and had waffles for brekkie.  Waffle irons are hard to find here.  For some reason they don't sell them like in the US, so we haven't had waffles for 2 years.  Well, a few weeks ago I was at a yard sale and found a waffle iron for $5.  It was in the box but the box was a little mangled so I figured it was used.  Nope, it was brand new, never been used.  Sweet!

Rex is hilarious! He has been wanting a back stratcher because he says he always has an itchy back.  So I got him a back scratcher...and now he can reach those hard to reach itches on his back.
Livi loves Full House.  She takes after her mother. :) I found the first season on eBay a few months ago and have been dying to give it to her.  We watched 2 discs so far.  Still as cheesy, funny and corny as ever.  Love it!! 
Jack was actually asleep when we opened presents so he opened his in his high chair during breakfast.  Happy first Christmas baby boy!!
It was a scorcher on Christmas day so we spent the rest of the afternoon in the Prepchuk's pool.  It was great, we had a fun time.  {Liv and the boys bobbing around on the noodles.}

Jack's second time in the pool.  He loves it, it is like a huge bath he can splash around in.

Traditional Aussie Christmas meal includes prawns.  Rex, Jared, Wes & Reid ate them...the rest of us said a polite...heck no. :)
Is it just me or does Jack look huge in this photo?! 

Lucy & Lena doing a Christmas cheers.

The next day we went to church and then spent the rest of the day snuggling, relaxing and just being together.  It was perfect.
Jack is crawling everywhere and he is quick.  The other day I turned my back for about 5 seconds and we found him 4 steps away from the top of the staircase.  I think it might be time to put the gates up.
He is pretty proud of himself though.

After dinner we did a few more Christmas crackers.

                                            They were filled with fun little trinkets and hats.



King Rex with his many hats.
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS!!

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

So jealous of those beach pictures! Merry Christmas!!!

Angie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I am in agreement... Jack looked so big in that picture. Slow down little buddy!! I am so excited you are going to be here this summer. Put me on the calendar somewhere. I would love to see you and go cacth up over lunch! Your Christmas card was DALRING. I loved it! So great to hear from you.

xoxoxox

Ashley Schill said...

What a fun christmas!....and so totally different than the traditional way of celebrating! That's so cute Liv got a sand chair so she can stay high above the sand! I missed some of your other posts so I have to comment on those - I laughed so hard when I saw Lucy's dress and heels! She is a crack up! Even funnier is that Rex danced with her and then denied her a kiss when Liv told him to kiss her! I can't believe Jack is crawling so fast everywhere. You will definitely need gates on your stairs - I remember them being steep! ;) You are so good about blogging! I love hearing what all of you are up to!