Sunday, July 10, 2011

celebrating the 4th

 This year we got together with some of our American friends at Clontarf beach to celebrate the 4th of July.  A few families ended up not being able to come but we still had a pretty great turn out.  Of course the kids had a blast running around together.
 Nothing better than potluck.  Everyone brought yummy food and we ate and chatted.  We thought the kids would be happy just playing on the playground and not in the freezing winter ocean water...nope, pretty much all of the kids got into the water at some point.  I'm shivering just thinking about it now.

Rex, Liv and Avery had a fun time looking for star fish.  They actually found quite a few, unfortunately they were all dead.


Rex showing off his collection of dead star fish.

It was a beautiful sunny day, windy but nice.  I love the beach.

Rex could not be restrained!  He had to get in the freezing water.  I seriously think he may be part fish.  He is his happiest when he is in water.


 Funny story. I cropped this picture because Carrie is doing such an awesome blue steel pose.  Matt, her husband was taking a group photo and told everyone to do blue steel.  I happened to look down at Carrie to see her doing it so as I went to make my face the camera click leaving me looking like a dork.  haha!

 Aw, a nice quick family pic........
Poor Luce got poked by one of the star fish.  I should have put the camera down and cuddled her straight away but she was looking too cute to pass up.


                                                Jack loved the sand. Here he is grabbing his next handful to eat.

Matt ran around the field waving the flag...yeah we may have gotten a few strange looks.

Sparklers...................

i love this picture...



jack loved the sparklers, he was mesmerized by them.

happy 4th of July!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Way to have fun celebrating America's national holiday in Aussie-ville! You guys are just great! Bytheway,...great photography girl! You got some pretty neat-o shots!

emilydeardeuff said...

looks like so much fun!!! P.S. I wish my dorky faces looked as cute as yours (: