Monday, May 7, 2012

Cupcake party for Lucy

10 cute little girls, lots of laughing, cupcakes, dancing & sprinkles....those are a few words that sum up Lucy's birthday party.

Lucy had asked to have a cupcake themed party so I planned a few games and activities revolving around cupcakes.  As the guest trickled in, the friends from church & the friends from school had a bit of a starring stand-off but that only lasted a few minutes, and then they all decided to dance around and be friends.


I hired three wonderful waiters to help serve the lovely little ladies.  Rex, Alivia & Emily {one of Liv's BFF's from school}.  They did a great job passing out all the goodies and little morsels of food.



When it was time to sing to the birthday girl, first she bowed her head....

Then she looked scared...

Then she gave everyone a charity smile for singing so nicely Happy Birthday to her.

We had a bean bag toss into the cupcake trays.



Maddison & Lucy

                                                                             Caylin

Lena

Daisy

They played pin the cherry on the cupcake.

And then the sprinkle, sugar fun began as they each decorated their own cupcake.






Ella

I think each cupcake had at least 2 million sprinkles on it and another 40 lbs of sugar.

Next we made bracelets.  Here is Charlotte concentrating so hard on stringing the beads.

Here I am concentrating so hard on stringing the beads and then they would fall off & we would string again.  It was kind of chaotic, but they each had a cute bracelet to take home in the end.
I took the next few pics on my phone so they are a bit grainy.

We had an assortment of tasty foods.





The party guests were: Ella, Caylin, Lucy, Maddison, Zara, Lena, Charlotte, Melissa, Giaan & Daisy.

Earlier that morning I had gone to the airport to pick up our friend Cindy from Utah.  Her husband is the assistant coach for women's basketball team at BYU and was here doing some recruiting.  He was in Perth so Cindy stayed with us for a day & night until he arrived the next day.  They were our friends & neighbors in Utah.  It was great to see them.  Cindy was great.  She helped out a lot with the party.

After the festivities we headed into Sydney to show her around.

The kids had a blast riding scooter & rip stick around Circular Quay.

We hit The Rocks.  I love all the quaint streets in that area.




We stopped in at the street market and the rocks.  It;'s a fun atmosphere.  Jared's shorts are wet int he back.  I can't remember what happened, but I am 72% sure he didn't pee his pants.  Jk, I honestly can't remember how he got wet.  Something spilled in the car maybe?


Lucy is so lucky that her brother would rather ride his scooter than be in the stroller so she gets a chance to ride in it.







That night we had a arranged a little birthday get together for my friend Sarah at a Thai place in the city so Jared dropped me & Cindy off in the city & he and the kids went back home.  We had a fun time and Cindy was a trooper.  We didn't get home until 11 & her jet lag was getting fierce.  I think she was out in 2 seconds when we got home.  



Fun night with great friends.  

The next day Chris flew in and they were able to come to church with us.  Jared asked Chris to speak at a stake youth fireside that night so this was taken after they returned from the fireside and I was already in my comfy cozies. 

It was fun spending time with them & we are glad we were able to see them even if it was just for a short time.  Great people!




1 comment:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Happy birthday Lucy! What a fun party - you are so good at those! I love Jack cruising around on his scooter - so cute! P.S. I like that 28% of you thinks Jared might have peed his pants. :)