It has taken me three months to get this post up but I have been a little busy cuddling my new beautiful baby boy. Samuel Wesley was born on Friday, March 1, 2013 at 8:16 am. He weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 18 1/4 in. I can't even begin to describe the love I have for this boy. He has been such a blessing, a gift and joy in our family. Here are some pictures from his big day. I will probably do several posts on the day he was born & the week I spent in the hospital because we took about a billion pictures.
Jared & I left for the hospital at 5:45 am. The original plan was for my mom to come to the hospital with us and and our friend Wes was going to come over to stay with the kids and then bring them to the hospital. Well at 2am {I went to bed at 1 am} Lucy woke up with a terrible barky cough and about 20 minutes later starting vomiting. Awesome! Poor girl. My first thought was how devastated she would be if she couldn't come to the hospital to see her new baby brother. So for the next few hours I stayed up with poor little Lu as she coughed and vomited. We texted Wes and told him to sleep in, that my mom was going to stay with Lu and see how she was doing in the morning.
Luckily Lucy was feeling a little better and we decided she could come to the hospital and wear a mask. So here the kids are patiently and so very excitedly waiting for Wes to pick them & their grandma up to meet their new sibling. {They still didn't know if they were getting baby sister or baby brother}.
Here is the proud daddy cutting the cord for the 5th time. He is pretty much a cord cutting pro. I'm glad it's him & not me, I am pretty sure I couldn't do it. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.
Oh Samuel, look how cute and perfect you are.
After I went to recovery I got to see my cute kids waiting for me in the hall as I was wheeled back to my room. Big thanks to my mom who took care of the kids who were all pretty antsy and had to wait for two hours while the nurses tried to get my body temperature up so that I could leave recovery. That is why I have a blanket wrapped around my head. When the kids saw me they were like...What the?? I looked pretty funny.
I love this picture of the kids looking at their baby brother for the first time. So sweet!
This was the first time I actually got to hold Sam in my arms. That time in the hospital is so precious.
First bath. The kids got to help out which they were pretty pumped about.
Rex's sweet hand on Sam's face.
These two were two peas in a pod in my bed.
All clean and finally named.
A little out of order but here he is minutes after his birth.
It was a circus party whenever the whole fam was in my room. The first thing they would do was open my mini fridge and see what I had left them from my meals. Oh & then they said hello to me & Sam. :)
I did get my daily kisses which i really loved.
Grandma loved her cuddles from Sam.
More pictures to come.......

1 comment:
I love it all!!! I love babies!
Post a Comment