Thursday, February 7, 2008

My own personal make-up artist




We had a fun weekend. My friend Heather from high school and her husband Tyler were up visiting for the weekend from Provo. Tyler's brother lives in our ward. It was fun to get together with them for a bit. We also had a bunch of snow fall on Sat. & Sun. so they ended up cancelling church. Jared & I both agreed that we can only think of one time in our lives when church has been cancelled completely. Well, the kids were looking for something to do & Alivia asked me (she asks all the time) if she could do my make-up. Rex did my hair and Alivia did my make-up. WOW!! When she was done she said, "Mom, you look scary." It was pretty funny.

Jared had these cool shadow boxes that he was throwing out at work. He knows that we can usually come up with something to do with the stuff being thrown out, so he brought a few home. I spray painted them black & order 20x30 pictures from Costco and then cut them to 20x20's to fit the frame. They turned out super cute and the best part is that each picture was only $9.99. Costco has such great pricing for enlargements. I am really happy with how they turned out. In Rex's picture he has a messy face...love it!

2 comments:

Blackner Family said...

Crazy church was cancelled! My sisters was too and that was the first I ever heard of it.

Yes still on for the 17th. Nate said he might be in Oregon but will let us know. I will email him again next week and find out what the plan is. I'm excited to see you guys!

Natalie said...

Love the pctures...and the hairdo. Too bad church was cancelled and you couldn't go like that!!! My kids are sick too...especially Sterling. Yesterday he ws so sick that he just sat on Brandon's lap and drifted in and out of sleep. Poor kid. We finally just gave him a small dose of chidren's cold medicine and he was a lot happier. Hope you guys feel better!!!