Saturday, July 12, 2008

Red, White & Blue

Me up and enjoying the nice water. It was so perfect.
Go Jared.
The kids chowing on chips.
This pic is my favorite! I couldn't resist. Rex's bum was eating his swimsuit. His life jacket string kept disappearing into his cute bum.
All of us bobbing in the water.



We had a fun 4th of July weekend. I am used to getting the kids all decked out in red, white & blue, going to the parade with family, barbecuing, going to the cabin, and watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks on my parent's roof all on the 4th. This year we stayed home, Jared worked part of the day, so I decided I didn't want to haul all the kids to the parade & bake in the sun. But...I did deck them out in red, white & blue. I made cute ribbons for the girls and I even had a ribbon in my hair. We were ready for the 4th of July. That afternoon we went to the store and to a few other places and nobody was decked out. I didn't see a single flag tee. We went into Jared's work and I asked him if I had the day right. Maybe I went a tad overboard, but it is such a fun holiday. Later on throughout the day I started to see more red, white & blue. Whee!
So we had fun boating the day before. The night of the 4th we went to our friends house and pitched our tent in their backyard and had a BBQ, watched fireworks and had a good time. The kids loved sleeping in the backyard and were up as soon as the sun was up. The pictures are still in the camera, so I will post them soon.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Love love love the bum picture! Seriously that was such a fun day. I have not enjoyed swimming like that in a long time and you did awesome skiing! Hope you are having fun in Utah...we miss you guys. So did you finish the host???:)

Mrs. Wright said...

The picture of Rex's bum is hilarious! It looks like you and Jared are professional water skiers! Have you always been able to do that or was this your first time?

Kelli said...

I'm still in tears over that bum shot!! That is hysterical! You are so funny to take a picture of that. I probably would too though :) Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Makes me want to get out on the water!!

Emily said...

You have such a beautiful family!!!! Looks like you guys had fun!