Saturday, July 5, 2008

UVU!!!!




















We went to Utah to be there when UVSC officially became a University. It was a lot of fun....but SUPER HOT!!!!! It was fun to be on the campus again. Jared & I have great memories from that school. It is where we met, where Jared served as Student Body President, & where we met so many great friends. We were able to go to the concert on Monday night. The kids had fun listening to the music and watching the fireworks. It was over 100 degrees out so as soon as the sun went down it was a little more enjoyable. The next day we went to the ribbon cutting of the new, BEAUTIFUL library. President Monson spoke and dedicated the library. It was really neat. I dropped the kids off at a friends (thanks VAl:) to play while Jared & I went to a FANCY luncheon on the top floor of the library. The program was great and it was fun for Jared to see & talk to several people that he served with and learned from. Go UVU!!!!


Jared's Grandpa had a stroke a few weeks ago. We visited him at the hospital while we were in town. He is a very active person so it was hard to see him not able to move and do much on his own. My Dad's parents passed away while my mom was pregnant with me and my Mom's mom passed away when I was one so I never really got to know them. My Grandpa Nielsen passed away when I was nine so it has been 20 years since I have had grandparents in my life. It has been neat for me to have Jared's grandparents in my life & to feel that grandparent influence. They are such neat people. It was nice to spend some time with him.

My brother & his family were in town from Colorado. We got together with my two brothers who live in Utah. Alivia & Rex love seeing cousins. Rex also got to see his friend Emmy. He tells me at least once a day that he is going to marry her. He has already started inviting people to his wedding. He told me that last time he saw Emmy he kissed her on the arm and that he wanted to kiss her on the head this time. Starting a little young eh?

7 comments:

JeNeale said...

I didn't realize that UVSC was becoming a university. That's awesome! It's fun to hear a little more about where you two met. Sounds like a fun and fast trip, and the pics are great!

Mrs. Wright said...

UVU is also the place where I met the both of you!. . .at the good ol' Tute! I'm glad you were able to make it down for the celebration! Next time you come down I want to have you over for dinner or do lunch or something! You still need to meet my cute hubbie! I miss you both! How was your 4th? I met a couple from Italy a couple days ago and thought of you! ...

Katie said...

I wish we could have seen you there! Glad you had a fun trip to Utah! Go UVU!

Tamilisa said...

Hey Julie! How are you doing? I've been digitizing photos from the mission and thinking about everyone and the great times we had. I haven't been back to Italy but would love to go! Have you been back?

Sorella Tamilisa Wood

Dana said...

Fun! We were out of town an couldn't go. It looks like you had a great time though.

Keli and Mike said...

How fun, I wish we could have gone, we have a lot of great memories from UVU!

Blackner Family said...

Looks like so much fun!! So sad I missed seeing you guys!! Yipee for UVU!! I am beaming with happiness for that wonderful school! When we were in Midway and we'd drive into town in Heber there were UVU flags everywhere and all the stores had UVU painted in thier windows!! It was awesome!!