I must start by saying that this zoo is the most beautiful zoo I have ever been to....and it was the hottest day to go to the zoo EVER!!!I am not kidding, it was BLAZING hot! I know that most of you are in the thick of winter, but imagine being as hot and sweaty as you possibly can be....now go outside and roll around in the snow for us. :) We had a fun time despite the wicked heat. The Turanga zoo in Sydney overlook the harbour and it is GORGEOUS! It is an amazingly huge zoo with so many neat things to see. They have an area where the kids can play in a pool of water....lets just say we yelled songs of praise when we saw it. The kids were rolling around in it and I would have if I hadn't been wearing a white skirt. We stayed there as long as we could just filling our hats with water and dumping it on ourselves. Jared & I glanced over to see some naked bums on the loose in the water and the sight of a little boy peeing in the water and we deciced no matter how hot it was it was time to exit the pool. We saw a fun sea lion and seal show. It is a great place and we are excited to go back again sometime....possibly on a much cooler day,
Monday, February 2, 2009
A trip to the Zoo
I must start by saying that this zoo is the most beautiful zoo I have ever been to....and it was the hottest day to go to the zoo EVER!!!I am not kidding, it was BLAZING hot! I know that most of you are in the thick of winter, but imagine being as hot and sweaty as you possibly can be....now go outside and roll around in the snow for us. :) We had a fun time despite the wicked heat. The Turanga zoo in Sydney overlook the harbour and it is GORGEOUS! It is an amazingly huge zoo with so many neat things to see. They have an area where the kids can play in a pool of water....lets just say we yelled songs of praise when we saw it. The kids were rolling around in it and I would have if I hadn't been wearing a white skirt. We stayed there as long as we could just filling our hats with water and dumping it on ourselves. Jared & I glanced over to see some naked bums on the loose in the water and the sight of a little boy peeing in the water and we deciced no matter how hot it was it was time to exit the pool. We saw a fun sea lion and seal show. It is a great place and we are excited to go back again sometime....possibly on a much cooler day,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that does look amazing and I love the beach it has always been peaceful for me as well. YOu look like you are having a remarkable time being in Australia.
Love Pam
Oh My....can I live with you? You always look like you're having so much fun.
Wow! That looks like fun! There isn't any snow for us to roll in here in town, but I've been hitting the ski slopes every Saturday---I'll try to freeze a little this week in honor of YOU! :)
Um, I'm pretty sure you're really on vacation!
Post a Comment