Jared celebrated his 34th birthday on the 3rd of August surrounded by wild koalas, ocean views and beautiful weather. Ok, well we think we were surrounded by wild koalas, we just couldn't see them, but we know they were there. :) We took a trip up north to Nelson's Bay, Port Stephens and Lemon Tree Passage. We rented a cute bungalow right on the waterfront and in an area known for koalas. It was fun to be with my parents and explore that beautiful area together. We hit the beach, found a seashell graveyard and came home with two buckets full of shells, ate meat pies and the famous Red Ned's pie shop. Unfortunately Ned was fresh out of kangaroo pies. Jared really wanted to snack on one for his birthday...(gross, I think, I don't know, maybe they are good, but just the thought of a kangaroo pie puts me over the edge.) We did find one resident koala named Kevin or PJ, two people told us different names. He was all cute nestled up in the tree. It was a beautiful area that I am sure we will visit again.
Now to JARED!! I have known Jared since 1998, back when we were youngins, so I know a thing or two about him. He impressed me then and he impresses me now! He is a great husband, dad and example to all of us. He has a great sense of humor, he is awesome with people and is extremely handy & works very hard!!. No, he is not sitting next to me making me type this....he is one amazing fella! I can count on him for anything. The kids adore him and scream like crazy monkeys when he knocks on the door letting us know he is home from work. We love him and are grateful that he is a part of our lives!! We love you so!! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment