Tuesday, February 16, 2010

all you need is love...doot doot doot do do

We hope you all had a good Valentine's day! Hmmmm...I love a lot of things! If I don't love something straight away, I try to learn to love it...except for some things like mayo & mustard, for example..I have tried and...nope, just can't love it. :) When I was little I liked to write love notes, and I guess when I got older as well. I used to write notes to my parents and leave them on their pillows or put them in their bags when they were going on trips. I would always end the note with...i love you so so so so so so so so so so so so so...and it would go on for another 3 or 4 lines...much! I still love leaving little love notes! :)
We had a good Valentine's weekend. We went out with some friends to a chocolate bar on Saturday night and enjoyed a huge sundae with lots of chocolate. We had a good time.

I was talking with Jared last night about those moments when you look at your kids and you get this overwhelming feeling..in a good way :)...I am not trying to be cheesy, but those moments when you look at them and your heart melts. I had one of those moments yesterday. I looked at my kids and I just felt like the luckiest mom ever. The cute things they do and say make my day, especially on days when I seriously feel like I am going to end up in a loony bin or bald from wanting to pull my hair out. :) I love my kids and I feel very grateful for the chance I have to be a mom...their mom. It is hard to articulate or even describe how it feels, but I am pretty sure most of you can understand where I am coming from.


And there are also those moments when I look at this handsome fella and feel so VERY lucky!! :) He is great and he works so hard for us and I appreciate all that he does. He is good for me in many ways!

I am trying to love different moments in my life, even the crazy chaotic moment. One of the best things I heard Lucy say recently was this...
me "Lucy, I love you so!"
lucy "I know mama" (with her cute little smile!)
It is all well worth it!!!!

3 comments:

C Stevens said...

Love your photo's. you sure have an eye for creativity.
Happy Valentines day

Auger Family said...

Hi! So you don't know me but Angie Pope gave me your blog. She is my neighbor/friend and I was telling her that my husbands job is transferring us to Australia and she got so excited to tell me about you! I have spent the last hour or so going back through your past year in Australia! You gave me hope that I might survive so far away from family! I have so many questions that I would love to ask you! If your okay with that? My e-mail is katieauger@hotmail.com If your okay with me asking you a million questions then send me an e-mail and I will write back to you!! We are moving to Brisbane at the end of June!

Jo said...

Wow, Lucy is sure looking grown up! You all look great! It was fun talking with Jared the other day. We love you,
Jo