So a friend of mine went to the US at the beginning of April and spent a few days in Utah. She came by my house when she got home & when I opened the front door she had a Smith's bag for me. I squealed like a 3 year old on Christmas. I was so excited!
It may sound silly, but unless you have lived away from home & gone without some of your favorites, you know exactly what I am talking about. I almost hugged every item and even seeing the Smith's bag kinda made me misty in the eyes. I like to blame most of it on being pregnant, but I am pretty certain I would have reacted the same way pregnant or not. :)
First thing I did was hide the cereal from the kids....cereal is my favorite treat at night when the kids are asleep, and lets face it, I wanted it all to myself.... I know, I am not very nice, but I am okay with that...I think Jared had one bowl. I did happily share the rest of the stash of goodies....so I think that makes me nice again.
2 comments:
I totally understand!!! We're going home to Utah for a visit in June. I can't wait to bring back all the yummy American things I've been missing. It's like Christmas!
Oh my gosh, I TOTALLY understand! I cried when I got familiar things from home too!
Totally justified in not sharing!
Post a Comment