Wednesday, May 5, 2010

tea party

I was pampered today!  3 year old Lucy hosted a tea party for just the two of us.  We had all sorts of good stuff..a tomato, carrot, mushroom, lemon and strawberry water. We had plenty of cutlery too. :)  She really does melt my heart.
She is very professional when she puts on a tea party.  She has a special voice she uses and she likes to act grown-up and cross her legs.  I love it!! 

Tomorrow is the big day!  It is hard to believe 9 months has gone by.  Of course I ran around like a mad woman washing sheets, blankets...every item of dirty clothing in the house is now clean & put away.  I wanted to make sure everything was clean and nice for when I leave in the morning.  As the morning went on, I wondered why I was being such a maniac about it all.  I really didn't need to be worrying about the small things...but for some reason I do.

Along came Lucy...she invited me into her room for something, "special" she said.

It was just what I needed and wanted to do with my "baby" before another baby will join our family in the morning.  That time with her was really tender for me.  I couldn't stop kissing her cute, chubby cheeks and wondering how she got so big so fast.

I love her bed head hairdo. 

So tomorrow is a very happy, exciting day for us!!  We can't wait & this little lady will be a big sis!

No comments: