Monday, September 20, 2010

all smiles

Mr. Jack is 4 months old.  A few weeks ago he was weighed and he tipped the scales at 6.8 kg. which is roughly 15 lbs. I believe.  He is starting to get taller..and still sporting his round belly.  He is such a happy baby.  All of my kids have been fairly great babies, but Jack just seems to have this calmness about him.  I felt that from him the second he was born when the nurse handed me him all burritoed up.  He just stared at me and didn't cry much.

A few days ago I was putting things away and he was in his bouncer chillin and I stopped, looked over at him and he was starring at me.  I have said this a million times, but he truly melts my heart.  He gave a me a little wiggle and a huge grin.
He loves attention and will generally flash you a smile when you look at him. 
 He is also a rolling maniac at the moment.  I had him on the floor in my room and I went to throw something away and when I got back he was gone.  I panicked for a sec and then I heard a sucking sound and found him under my bed, one fist in his mouth and the other hand holding his toes.  He paused from eating his fist,   then he smiled one of those huge eye disappearing grins.  He is just tooo dang cute..dang it!  I love him!
Jeff and Ashley bought him a three pack of Utah Jazz onesies.  It is never too early to introduce them to sports, right?  I have been a Jazz fan since I was a little girl.  I played basketball and always wore #32 in honor of Karl Malone & my friend Melanie wore #12 for John Stockton.  I had a poster in my bedroom of Karl Malone by a mailbox holding a basketball and it said, "The Mailman delivers."  Pretty funny stuff.  Anyway, so we were very excited for Jack to wear his Jazz attire...thanks J&A. 

Yesterday,Alivia was asking me how I share my love between daddy and all the kids and  she wanted to know how much I love all each them.  She asked me how much I loved her.  I had to tell her that there is no possible way to even describe how much I love her.  I can try, but I think a mother's love or a father's love is too deep for words.  I think she understood...but it got me thinking.  I often look at my little family and feel really happy (don't get me wrong, I truly love them...but,I don't always love every minute...refer back to my wanting to pull my hair out post a while back...:) BUT, I am trying to enjoy life, motherhood and everything that goes along with it...more and more).  They make me happy and I feel really, REALLY blessed to have what I have.  Make sense? In a nutshell, I love my husband...I love my kids!

2 comments:

Keli and Mike said...

Totally makes sense! I never imagined how truly happy I could be until I became a mother. It is the most rewarding job in the world!

M. Boyce said...

Julie!! How are you? I am the worst blogger ever but I love looking at yours. It's so fun to see you and your darling family. So cute!! Thanks for the good furniture ideas. How long are you in Australia for?? Tell Jared hi from Brett and me. You are inspiring!!