The kids had their end of the school year Celebration/Christmas Concert on Tuesday night. They all dressed up as angels and wise men and sang their big hearts out. It was adorable of course and I found myself grinning and wanting to sing a long. That group right there is the entire school. 65 kids in total!
My little angel Liv on the right bottom corner. I feel like such a slacker for not putting tinsel in her hair. :)
Rex, bottom right corner as well. Handsome little shepherd boy. We sorta scrounge his costume together...
This is Liv's friend Colette. She is one of Liv's BFF's. She & Liv are one of 4 year 2 children in the school.
Liv's other BFF and fellow Year 2 mate, Elise.
Liv, Elise & Ana
We were all sitting eating our tasty sausage sizzle when an announcement was made to meet at the basketball court. We all made our way over and waited for a minute. We could see a helicopter flying but figured it was just out and about...suddenly it started zooming in and getting closer. It landed on the field carrying a very special guest.
SANTA!! The kids all started singing, "Santa wear your shorts, Santa wear your shorts." {I am going to video Liv & Rex singing the song because A. it is really cute and B. it is hilarious!}
Rex was not thrilled about a pic...
Lucy had her usual smother time. Can you tell she loves her brother...a lot! Jack is so even kill, he just takes it.
Even after the chock hold he flashed one of his adorable toothless grins.
A sausage sizzle is classic Australian. I usually don't like them very much, I will eat them, but sometimes I think they smell weird and I don't trust what type of animal I am eating, but the sausages that night were actually tasty. I was hungry and it had been awhile since my last sizzle.
It was pretty impressive to have Santa arrive via helicopter. Everyone loved it. {You can't see it very well, but I found this mermaid costume at Salvation Army and Lucy wore it that night and pretty much every day since. I had to peel it off of her last night so that I could wash it.}
So with it being the end of the school year, we had a feast and celebration. They kids did such a great job in school and we are very proud of them and all that they have accomplished, especially with changing schools so much in the last 3 years and making friends, learning new things in a new country...all of it, I am truly impressed with them. We gave them the option of going out to a restaurant to celebrate or celebrating at home...they chose home, ahh, they must love their mamma's cookin'! :)
We ate at the table we never eat at, and we had course after course. I tried to make it feel restaurant ish. We had baby quiche, spinach dip with sour dough bread, a fruit medley...
They really loved it and felt special, especially when I told them to not lift a finger. Pamper style!
The kids LOVE chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. They would eat it every dinner.
And a dessert I invented...lots of yumminess all plopped together.
Jack was crawling around like a little puppy looking for morsels that had been dropped. Poor little guy needs some teeth so that he can really eat. :)
Lucy wanted her photo taken...
Congrats to our graduates!
Cheers to 2010 and good luck in 2011!! Year 1 and 3...ahh, my babies are getting big!!
























4 comments:
mz julie!! i hardly get time to read the blogs i love but whenever i do, i LOVE reading yours. I so admire you and your hubby, moving moving across the big ocean w/your family :) but it's no surprise that you guys are having a blast and making an incredible life there! You and your family are beautiful as ever - Merry Christmas from UT! love melba
ps cracks me up using "as." we have maori friends and they say it so much, i use it. there's nothing in american english that expresses the same message, don't you think haha at first i thought there were saying a swear word but now that i use it, i agree that the word is "as" lol you guys are going to come back with all kinds of new fun vocab :)
I'm sure everyone in my department at my work follows your blog. They love all the crafty things you do. You are so creative.
They also love all of the Aussie things you post about. We all got a good laugh about the Santa in the shorts.
Maybe they don't follow your blog...It might just be that I always say, "you've got to see this".
Either way, they love it.
Congrats to the kiddos. I hope they have a fun brake.
I love how Santa arrived in shorts! Have a fun and warm Christmas!
Post a Comment