Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Full of turkey, stuffing & gratitude....

This was part of the delicious spread we shared with friends last weekend for Thanksgiving.  Since moving to Australia we have met quite a few American families living here.  Some were already living here and others have moved in since we arrived.  It is fun to get together and be each others families, especially on holidays when we are all feeling a tad bit homesick. 
****

Matt & Carrie we so nice to host us all this year.  There was quite a group.  The missionaries were there as well as the Mission President & his wife, President & Sister Simmons, who are over the Sydney LDS Mission.  We ate the traditional turkey with a side of potatoes, stuffing and delish rolls.  We even had pumpkin pie.  First pumpkin pie in almost 2 years.  Matt had brought back some canned pumpkin from one of his trips to the states....it was mighty good.


The little Pilgrims & Indians were cute eating their feast together.
Carrie was so good to make it feel like a Thanksgiving at home...we even had name tags...i love name tags.

{Baron, moi, Melissa, Jake, Jared & Jason}

{moi again (lived here almost 2 years), Carol (they have lived here almost 1 year), Carrie(they have live here almost 3 years) and Melissa  (6 months ). }


Cute, and ALL better from her illness (thanks again for all your prayers), Alivia!
**Rex & Lucy enjoying their food with a Ginger Beer to swig on the side**

After some great feasting, it was time to hit the pool.  I must say this is the first feast n swim experience we have had.

As you can probably guess, Rex loved every second!  I'm thinking he is part fish...he loves water!

These naughty boys ate their pie in the pool.

Perfect weather, great company and scrumptious food!
*Grateful for another year
*Grateful for the experiences we've had as a family
*Grateful for what I myself have learned
*Grateful for family all over the world 
*Grateful for good friends all over the world
*Grateful for blessings both big and small
*Grateful Jack was added to our family
*Grateful for my boys, including my big boy :)
*Grateful for my girls
*Grateful for the Internet that keeps us connected to loved ones
*Grateful for good health
*Grateful for beautiful Australian sunny days and rainy days that cool it off
*Grateful for life
*Grateful for the Savior
*Grateful for ALL the things that matter to me...and there are a lot.
***
the list could go on & on.....

2 comments:

Angie said...

Wow!! I haveen't seen your blog for a while and I seem to have missed alot! First of all... I am so glad Liv is doing well. How scary. It reminds me almost exactly of a reaction my nephew had a couple weeks after his flu shot. It was called syrum sickness. I am not sure if he had a fever, but everything else was the same. Wierd and scary. So glad she is okay. You are so cute to mention me on your blog. I am trying to be a good Mom... but I have a long way to go! I love that quote about babies. I am loving having a baby again. I get teary too sometimes beause he is so precious. Your Thanksgiving looked great! I love reading and catching up on your blog. I am looking forward to Christmas cards... YEAH! Oh, it is so weird to see the warm weather there for your Holidays. Love ya. Tell your hubby Hi.

C Stevens said...

What a wonderful Day! sounds like a great time. Do you know an Elder Worthin from Payson? His mom told me he is serving in the Sydney mission as an AP.