The first post of the new year!! 2011, wow! So about 6 months ago our friend Baron gave us a giftcard. It is from a company called www.redballoon.com.au . It is great because you can choose what you want to spend your card on. You can do pretty much anything. We debated between paddle boarding, learning to surf, a one night get away in the Blue Mountains...there were to many awesome choices. We finally chose a 3 hour ride on a yacht including lessons and hands on experience. It was fun!!
Amanda & Wes {or otherwise known as the Prepchuk's on our blog} were so kind to take our 4 kids and combined them with their 4 kids so that we could spend the afternoon out on the harbour. It was kind of our anniversary gift too, so it was nice to have that time together.
So we dropped the kids off and drove into the city and parked the car near Darling Harbour and ran to the dock, we were the last people to board. The weather was incredible!! It was a blazing hot day, but out on the water was perfect. I had fun steering the yacht. It was easy and fun to learn how the yacht works.
We met a woman and her daughter who were from Tasmania and hit it off. They were so nice to be our photographers.
Jared was put to work, helping hoist the sail and rotate the direction.
Sydney is such a beautiful city. I know I have said this before, but still after 2 years, this beautiful Harbour still takes my breath away every time I see it.
We loved relaxing and enjoying the breeze and beautiful sights. I could have sat out there all day and all night!
The night before was New Year's Eve, and Sydney put on QUITE the PRODUCTION!! Wow, the fireworks were something else! You could still see some of the scaffolding from the firework displays. You can also see a group of people climbing the bridge.
Aww, team work. It was actually a little tiring, but fun to experience.
It was a perfect way to spend New Year's Day! I wouldn't mind a yacht if they didn't cost a gazillion bucks!
We drove back to fetch the kiddos and were greeted ever so sweetly with, "Aww, you guys are back already? Can't you go on another date? Just go away for like 8 more hours?" Yeah, love you too, kids!! No, my feelings weren't bruised too badly, I am just grateful they have such good friends that they love so much!














2 comments:
What a fun day! You always have such fun adventures.
looks like you had a wonderful time...I got to see and hug your mom when we went to say goodbye to the Greens a week ago.. your mom is one of most favorite people.. always cheerful and always with a smile.. such an amazing woman and I feel so blessed to know her and all of her amazing children..
Post a Comment