Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE this little boy?? I do, I am so in love with him it hurts! This past year has been so good for our family because we added Jack. He is such a sweetheart.
A few days before his birthday I was talking to Jared and I got a little misty as we talked about how fast the past year went by. I got teary as I talked about how my baby is no longer a baby, baby..he is a little boy these days. He is starting to talk. He yells "ooce" for Lucy, "eeehh" for Rex and "iii" for Liv. He loves to say "guys, guys" and of course no no and tank for thank you. He dances like a maniac and makes us all laugh so much. He just brings a lot of happiness into our home. All of my kids do, but there is just something about the age that Jack is at right now.
He wanted to show some of his best dance moves while we sang happy birthday! I went back and forth and back and forth about whether or not to have a big shabang for his first birthday. We have always had a big BBQ or party for the other kiddos with our families and friends, but for some reason I really just wanted to enjoy JACK on his special day. Instead of running around preparing a party I sat and cuddled him like I did a year ago when he was born. I loved it. Although a big party would have been fun, because I really do love parties, I am happy we were able to just enjoy him that night.
He had fun dissecting his cake...taking a bite, then taking it out of his mouth to investigate it, then back into his mouth or sometimes he'd toss it overboard.
He got some cars, clothes, toys and cheeseballs (like cheetos, he loves them) for his birthday.
I feel really truly grateful for Jack. I love his open mouth kisses, his little chompers, the way he waves and says bah, bah for bye and the way he nestled into my neck every time I pick him up. Now onto another chapter in his life...the toddler days! We love you Jacka Boo, our Mr. Boo!





2 comments:
This year has totally flown bye! Happy Birthday, Jack!
I loved your post! I am feeling the same way about our little man who turns one next week! It has been a busy but wonderful year. Ted and I hope all is well with you and your family! We can tell that you have an amazing one!
Post a Comment