Friday, August 26, 2011

Our trip part 1


Okey dokey...so this will be the first of about 500 posts about our trip.  To date I have taken almost 2000 pictures.Well, I guess I have taken about 1500 and the kids have taken about 500...so our trip thus far is well documented.  We are still having a great time and enjoying seeing family & friends.

I guess I should start at the beginning..it's easier that way.  So we left the SYD airport on the 27th and flew directly the LAX where we spent almost 3 lovely days with Stef & Christiian.  They were so great to us and so fun to be with.  We hot Old Navy that first day as well as Walmart. 
Maybe I should explain the photos.  The one below was taken at the airport in Sydney.  Yes, Jack is in his jammies, ready for a 10:45 AM flight. 


Once we were on the flight it didn't take Jack long to start fiddling with all the buttons and gadgets.  He was loving it.  He was by far the hardest one on the flight because he wanted to run around and get in all the passengers personal space...lucky he cute and they loved him.  He would wiggle his way off my lap and book it down the aisle and I would run after him...that happened at least a billion times.





This boy didn't sleep a wink..not a wink.  He watched movie after movie.  I kept asking him to take a rest but he was in the mood for a movie marathon.  Poor kid almost went into a coma when we landed, he was beat but we were able to keep him up and at em until about 7pm.




Once Jack fell asleep, I didn't move.  I probably would have chosen to pee my pants over moving if it had been an option. The flight was so much more relaxing when this cutie was sacked out.


When we arrived at Stef's in LA, she had decorated her house welcoming us to the USA and she had little gifts for all of us.  Serioulsy, she is one of the nicest people alive.  I lover her, we all love her!

Our first fast foos stop was In N Out Burger and man oh man was it tasty!! {and so cheap}



I want one now..seriously yum!
Out with Christiian and Stef


Random out of order photo of Jack on his first flight...he loved looking out the window and talking to the clouds.

My hair looks black...weird, maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's from being on a plane for a 100 hours...I am not sure....anywho, I enjoyed every single bite of that burger.


3 comments:

Tara said...

I love in-n-out burger, seriously sooo good. Glad to see your trip all began well.

Stef said...

Love it! Oh how I miss you guys! Come back and visit!!!! :)

prepchuks said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! Those burgers look way too good... do you think you could sneak some back for us???