Saturday, January 7, 2012

gobs and gobs of icing

{Rex and his icing expertise and his dang long eyelashes}
I am super behind on all my posting.  We made gingerbread houses at the Prepchuk's about a month ago {they were so nice to invite us over}.  The kids loved it.  Who doesn't love creating a sticky, yummy, edible masterpiece? 

Aw, Reid helping Liv get her house started.  What a nice mate.

I have no idea what is going on in this picture but I totally like it and it makes me laugh.  I can't tell if something is funny or disturbing.  we have two totally different reactions going on.

Jared is pretty much a champion when it comes to gingerbread house decorating.  

He had a pretty stinkin cute assistant as well.  I have so many kids that I have to put their names on their jammies so that I can remember their names. :)  Thanks Pottery Barn Kids. 

Lucy putting lots and lots & LOTS of snow on her roof. 

This decorating stuff is pretty serious business, there is no smiling allowed.

I totally busted Alivia smiling.  She got off with a warning.

Here is Lucy's masterpiece.

Alivia's

Rex's

Liv is keeping a close eye on hers to make sure no one tries to swipe anything off her house.

Jared's

It was a pretty heavy winter this year in gingerbread land and unfortunately Lucy's house couldn't handle the weight of the snow icing or the 500 gumdrops she put on it. :)

Thanks Prepchuk's and thanks G&G Finch for sending Christmas candy to us.  We were able to use some of it on the houses.  

The houses sat nicely on display at our house and Jack would ever so sneaky and cutely {probably not a word} go over to "check on them" and see if the candy was still edible. 

1 comment:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Nice houses! I can't believe I'm 30 years old and I've never made a gingerbread house - I'd better hurry and have some kids to whip me into shape. :)