Sunday, September 2, 2012

dancing queen

A couple of months ago Alivia competed in a dance competition.  Ten schools were there and Liv was one of the children chosen to compete in the waltz & the mambo.

Here she is doing the waltz with her partner. {she is the one in black in towards the middle of the stage.} She had been practicing in the mirror in her room for a few week and was excited to finally dance that night.  It was fun to watch her, she did a great job.  The judges narrowed the 70 couples dancing down to about 30 and then to 20.  It was the same for the mambo.  At the end of the night they announced the winners for grades 4 & 5.  They went through 3rd & 2nd place....then they announced first place in the waltz.  They had numbers on their backs and to be honest I didn't remember Liv's number until they announced it and I saw her stand up with her partner.  She had won first place.  I was so proud of her.  She of course was embarrassed because of all the attention.  A little while later they announced the winners of the mambo.  Same process...they got to first place and once again my lil Liv's number was called.  She won first in both categories.  I cheered, I called Jared and he cheered too.  

They took a picture of her and the owner of the dance company came to me and said that a lot of these children have been dancing and competing for years and she has never seen a first year competitor win first place twice.  Poor Liv was so embarrassed and not enjoying all the attention.  I was so proud of her and her hard work practicing.  When Alivia is given a job or task to do she does it precisely.  It's a great quality she possesses. Well done Liv!



3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! That's so awesome!!! Maybe we'll see her on Dancing With The Stars someday! :)

C Stevens said...

Way to go Liv! I'm so proud of you.

emilydeardeuff said...

That is awesome! Way to go Alivia!