Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Don't ever leave....

It has been a long time since I blogged.  I have wanted to, been meaning to and thought about it, but every night when I would plan to sit down and jot down some memories, I was dead tired so it got put off and put off.  Well, now I am back on track and hoping to blog more often.  

So...as I mentioned in a few posts back, my dear mother came to be with us for 5 weeks.  We loved it.  It was a sad day when she had to leave.  The kids had heaps of activities on while she was here so they loved having grandma there to support them.  Here are some pics from our time with her.  Most of the pics are from her camera. {& I'm not sure why some are blurry.  They were fine on when I looked at them earlier.  Oh well}

                                                              Welcome Grandma sign
Lots & lots of dancing & entertainment goes on in our house but when someone is at our house visiting, the kids kick it up a notch and it's a dance party.
Mom was here for Valentine's Day so we decorated sugar cookies and had a heart themed dinner. Aww...

Yep, don't totally trust Jack's cookie.  There's always some spreading then licking then spreading again.


The kids at their cross country meet where I sit and feel sorry for them because it's hot & they have to run for ages.



Of course we went to Costco to stock up on some items before baby arrived.


      Jack loved spending time with Grandma at the park by our house.  He was in heaven.




                                              The kids had a fun time at their school disco.





                                    Lucy with her favorite class mates.  {Yes, Lucy is a giant}
                          School swim meet.  Liv & Rex competed and did awesome!!
        Rex calling his dad to tell him that he took first place in the freestyle event for his age group.

 I am so proud of them and their swimming skills.  I feel safe with them knowing that if I were drowning, they'd be able to save me. :)


                                         Grandma got to be entertained almost nightly,



                                                     I am sleeping so nicely mommy.....
                                  until you flashed a bright light in my face and now I am awake......

 This is the birthday cake that my mom made for me.  I felt pretty special.  She always makes such cool cakes.

                                              Lots and lots of visitors came for a cuddle.

 The circles and bags under my eyes are intense!  Sam is cute and I love him dearly so getting up is okay, but man am I tired!

 Ben, Laine & Gabe Riley came for a visit and a pizza/movie night.  It's always fun when they visit.
                                                        Samuel at 9 days old....
                                           We celebrated my mom's birthday on the 10th!....
                                                                        TWINNERS


 For a week or so, Jack decided he wanted to pull a Michael Jackson and wear a glove all the time.
                                   We love cards at our house.  Here we are enjoying a great game of UNO.

                                                  Now that's what I call mult- tasking............


                 For a few weeks Jack loved to lick or suck on Sam's feet. hmm, okay....
                                                             Sam with his Justin Beiber look.....
 My mom was so great to help out with holding Sam or taking Jack to the park or helping with homework.


                                                      Trying to get a group selfie...............

                                   We drove into the city and visited Jared at his work.

                                                      All smiles at Pancakes on the Rocks.
 I love my mom and I will always be eternally grateful to her for all of her help.  I know it wasn't easy and at times she didn't feel well.  I really wish I could have her closer.  I miss her dearly.

                                     Jack's moved past the feet sucking and has gone onto ears.


Me with my wad of TP, crying my face off as I drop my mom at the airport and slowly drive away.  Boo!!!
 The kids came home from school and saw grandma's cup and got a bit emotional thinking about her.

So for the rest of the day I wallowed in my sadness, cuddled my boys and didn't do a stitch of work around the house.  We miss you mom/grandma!  You are such a wonderful person.  We love you like crazy!!  Thanks to my dad for sharing mom with us for so long.
\
So there you have it!  Hopefully I will be all caught up in my blogging attempt by next week.



2 comments:

Mom Schill said...

I wish I could snap my fingers and be with you again. It was a very special experience for me to be able to spend so much time with you and your family and to be a part of your daily activities. I miss all of you! As I looked at the new photos on your blog, it brought back a lot of fond memories. I would love to cuddle Sam right now.

Unknown said...

I love everything about this post! Especially Jack sucking on Sam's ears and feet! Ha ha! What an incredible gift to come for so long!