Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall fun in Utah

We just returned home last night from Utah. We spent 10 days there & had a great time. We had a great time spending time with family over the Conference weekend. The kids & I drove down on Thursday & Jared was able to fly down on Friday & spend the weekend with us before flying back to Idaho Monday night. He then flew to Las Vegas on Tuesday for work and flew home on Friday night. He went to a New York style fashion show where the models modeled all of the upcoming fashions. (Sounds like some pretty cute things will be coming out soon.) We had a little party for Rex at Ryan & Angela's house and despite the cold & soggy weather, it turned out to be a good time. Thanks to everyone who came. That night my sister and sister in-laws and cousin got together and ordered Chinese food and gabbed. Let see...some other highlights were... a fun trip to Hogle Zoo with friends. Rex tells me his favorite animal at the zoo was the puppy....I am still trying to figure out where we saw the puppies. Alivia loved the Rhino. The weather was perfect and we had a fun train ride, ate lunch and had fun watching the kids react to all of the animals. We always have a fun time when we visit Utah. It was good for the kids to get to see and play with cousins and friends. We went to the park and had lunch with some friends from high school. It is fun to get together especially since our kids are all close to the same age. It is fun to see them stare at each other for awhile until they warm up. It doesn't take long before they are holding hands and not wanting to leave. Alivia & Rex love going to G&G Finch's house and exploring in the backyard.It is always the first thing they want to do when they wake up. We usually have to convince them to wait awhile until the temperature outside gets a little warmer. One morning Alivia, Rex & their cousin Bailey were outside and they came back in with about 6 pumpkins. We were not sure where they had swiped the pumpkins. The neighbor next door had let them go into his backyard and pick some pumpkins. They were so thrilled. We packed them home & they are sitting on our front porch right now. The kids love to roam through Grandpa's garden helping themselves to all the yummy food. (I am not sure Grandpa appreciates it) We were able to visit Jared's grandparents Grandpa Vernon & Grandma Kathleen. They have some toys that are from when Jared's aunts were little & Alivia & Rex just LOVE them. They were sit there for hours & play with all of the toys. Of course we were served some delicious homemade ice cream. It is always fun to visit them. I was able to have an open house for Sweet Bambina at my friend Amanda's house. It went better then I thought and I will be busy filling the orders this week. It is exciting to get it going. The kids and I took a trip to the Provo Cemetery where my sister Debbie is buried and they put one of their baby pumpkins on her grave. Alivia has asked me a few time before about Debbie and if she is in heaven and if the cemetery is heaven. She asked again when we got to the cemetery about Debbie & if she lives with Heavenly Father & if this is where heaven is. We had a good talk. Every time we come home we always talk about what great families we have and great friends. It was a fun trip.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You're posting made me homesick! I don't know for where but somehwere that's as much fun as Utah! I am glad you were able to visit family and friends. It is good to be around those who know you best and love you. I loved Alivia's innocence in heaven...you have the cutest kids and I am glad that Rylee has such good friends.