




So two years ago, almost exactly, we loaded up or then family of four and headed up to Idaho for our real first move away. It was a little traumatic for me to say the least and I was terribly homesick and missed family and friends. I never thought that Idaho would feel like home. Now we find ourselves packing up our now family of five and heading out again on another adventure. I must say that again it is traumatic to leave and say goodbye to so many dear friends and those that have been like family to us when we didn't have our families around. We have truly loved the time that we were able to spend in Idaho. Our blog is mainly a journal for us to read and have for our family, and for our friends and those we care about to read to catch up on what is going on in our lives. So sorry for all of my drawn out sad posts about how much we are going to miss Idaho. It feels like home and we are grateful for all the kind, down to earth people we met and for all the things they taught us. So many people have been there for me especially during times that I really needed them. I get teary just thinking about all the great memories we have. Last weekend Jared came up with a trailer and we along with so many others who came to help (by the way we couldn't have done it without you...really)loaded the trailer. Jared left on Sat. with Alivia and Rex and drove to Utah while I stayed and cleaned. I left early Sunday morning with Lucy and I had a long 6 hour drive while Lucy slept to think and to pretty much get all my good cries out. I have always hated saying goodbye to people I care about and places that I love, but I know it is not forever. Thank goodness for email and blogs and all the fun ways you can keep in touch.
So I have been taking random pictures as I have been driving around the last few weeks. I LOVE that in Idaho you can see tractors just cruising down the road. I think it is so quaint looking and it makes me love the simple life that exists here. I had to take a picture of the goats we pass everyday on the way to Alivia and Rex's schools. We would say hello to them every morning. "Hey goats, hope you are having a good day!" For those that live in the Nampa/ Caldwell area will recognize some of the other pictures...the Sugar Beet Factory...yeah baby! When we first moved to Nampa/Caldwell we lived pretty close to the Sugar Beet Factory. I could not understand how people could handle it. Seriously! I was about 5 month pregnant with Lucy and would literally gag when I would get a whiff of it. Now when we have been away and we drive into Nampa, we smell the sugar beets pumping and we smile and know we are home. The big massive mound picture is are all sugar beets. I love the fields and all the open space and all the cute houses you see with about a billion tractors parked in the fields and in their yards. To sum it up we will miss Idaho tremendously and will always cherish the short two years we had to live in that great state.
3 comments:
Julie, it is great that you are recording your thoughts and feelings about your life in Idaho. Your blog will be a wonderful record of your life because of all the photos and text that you post. See you soon. Love, Mom
I love the sugar beet factory! My Dad worked at one when he was a teen growing up in Richmond Utah (pretty close to Idaho)--good times!
Sniff.....I love the photos! HOME! :) We miss you all! Audrey and Allie are always asking when we can "drive to Australia" and visit Rex and Alivia! :) Hope all is well!
Oh, loved the BYU cheering pics too! Dang Utes!!! :(
Post a Comment