Alivia thought it was pretty cool that she was able so celebrate her birthday for two days. January 30th came first in Australia and then the next day in the US. I usually always make cakes in the shape of something they like that year, so I was trying to figure out what and how I was going to make her cake. My resources are limited here...I can't find the same things...plus a Duncan Hines cake mix is $5 here...5 bucks, I think you can get them at Walmart there for $.99 max. Oh well....so we were at the store and she saw this cake and told me that was the cake she wanted for her birthday. I shouted fabulous and plopped it into the cart. So we sang to her and she made her wish and blew out the candles. Two candles didn't go out so we joked that she had 2 boyfriends...yeah she didn't like that...she is sensitive about boys for some reason. :)
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
6....
Alivia thought it was pretty cool that she was able so celebrate her birthday for two days. January 30th came first in Australia and then the next day in the US. I usually always make cakes in the shape of something they like that year, so I was trying to figure out what and how I was going to make her cake. My resources are limited here...I can't find the same things...plus a Duncan Hines cake mix is $5 here...5 bucks, I think you can get them at Walmart there for $.99 max. Oh well....so we were at the store and she saw this cake and told me that was the cake she wanted for her birthday. I shouted fabulous and plopped it into the cart. So we sang to her and she made her wish and blew out the candles. Two candles didn't go out so we joked that she had 2 boyfriends...yeah she didn't like that...she is sensitive about boys for some reason. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like your having lots of fun adventures! Your children are darling! mmmmm...that cake looks yummy too!
I cannot believe it costs 5 bucks for cake mix---sound like you need a birthday kit package from the U.S.! It looked like a delicious cake regardless! Alivia is so cute!
Hello Julie! You are such a great mom. I've learned so much from you. I'm glad to see you haven't sacrificed any traditions by moving to Australia. Liv does look older. I'm sad we are missing out on so much. I wish we didn't have to wait so long to see you. Love you all.
The picture of you and the penguins is stylin girl! Love it! Did you ever get an invite to read our blog? If not,....email me and I'll send you an invite. It's s t a s h a k e m p a t h o t m a i l . c o m. It looks like you're settling in quite well. Happy days!
Post a Comment