Friday, February 27, 2009

Just not the same


We had the Elders over the other night and tried to create Root Beer floats....a little tricky when they don't have Root Beer here. They have a drink called Sars and another called Sasparilla. They kind of taste like Root Beer, but not really. I thought it tasted really good, but Jared thought it was disgusting. The Elders are both from New Zealand, and had never had a Root Beer float...they may have been choking it down. :) So, RB float attempt #1...not so successful.

3 comments:

Lacie said...

maybe you will just have to make homemade root beer next time! I am sorry that they didnt work out, how sad!!

JeNeale said...

I am sure that the Elders enjoyed the experience, even if they didn't like the float. I've had sasparilla, and I agree with Jared, it's yucky.

And from a missionary mom, thanks for having the Elders over at all. I am praying that the saints in San Diego will take care of my son the same way. Hope you are all well. We miss you.

Emily said...

Bummer. I would desperately miss root beer!