A new school year started here the end of January. It is still so strange to think straight when the seasons are opposite here. We decided to put Alivia in a smaller school out in the country. It is about 10 minutes from our home. She loves it. There are only 98 children in the whole school. Her teacher is so nice and she has made some great friends. She started year 1 because she is 6 now and is no longer in the age group for Kindergarten. So she had half a year of Kindy in the states and is now trying out 1st grade. Here are some pics of her summer uniform. In Australia they have a strict policy on hats. No hat...No play. The sun is super intense here so each child has to wear a hat when they are outside. I think it is really smart, plus they all look so adorable!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
cute little Aussie
A new school year started here the end of January. It is still so strange to think straight when the seasons are opposite here. We decided to put Alivia in a smaller school out in the country. It is about 10 minutes from our home. She loves it. There are only 98 children in the whole school. Her teacher is so nice and she has made some great friends. She started year 1 because she is 6 now and is no longer in the age group for Kindergarten. So she had half a year of Kindy in the states and is now trying out 1st grade. Here are some pics of her summer uniform. In Australia they have a strict policy on hats. No hat...No play. The sun is super intense here so each child has to wear a hat when they are outside. I think it is really smart, plus they all look so adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Love the hat. I hope you have fun at school.
Now that uniform is pretty cute! I'm glad you found a school you're happy with ;)
-Amanda
Seriously that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! That is bizare that she starts school in the end of January..I would be so confused!! What an experience you guys are having! I would love to see that video and pics, I am laughing already thinking about it!!
Julie, your blog is fantastic! We so enjoy seeing what you are up to and all of the great activities you are doing. Keep it up! What great memories you are building! Love, Dad
Julie-
I am loving your blog!! I get excited everytime I see there is a new post!! Livi looks beyond cute in her hat. SO weird you are in the dead of summer... it snowed today, on Valentines Day, here in Utah. I am loving all the pictures you are taking. So fun. Lucy and Sienna are two peas in a pod. They are into the exact same things... deoderant, messes, no diapers... they could get into some serious trouble together! Tell Jared Hello. Great to here from you, on my blog. I think of you often and so admire the faith and courage it took to move around the world and start a new life. I am racking my brain to come up with a reason we HAVE to go to Sydney.... I really would love to visit.
P.S. My kids were totally impressed with the Koala pics.
Love ya,
Angie
They're all so cute in their hats!
cute kids. Also- I like the new updates to the blog.
I love the school uniforms! She looks like a true Aussie going to school in the "outback". haha
Adorable. Livi looks like a right proper Aussie.
Jo
That has to be the cutest uniform ever! It is so fun to see her all dressed-up for school. We love you!
Yea school!! Adorable uniforms! What a cutie!!
Audrey and Allie say "HI ALIVIA AND REX!WE MISS YOU!" (Jack is blowing kisses to Lucy!)
Post a Comment