
My friend Christy had this beautiful quote on her blog from Marjorie Hinckley & I really liked it so I thought I would put it on mine as well.
“As you create a home, don’t get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don’t dwell on your failures, but think about your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.”
- Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I thought it was so fitting for Mother's Day. Jared asked me what I wanted for Mother's day this year and I told him that I wanted a nice family picture and a picture with the kids. A friend took some amazing pictures for us and this one is one of my favorites. I feel extremely blessed to be a mother to these children. I have always wanted to be a mom. I am grateful for the things that they teach me, for the fun times we have together. Is everyday great and stress free, no way, but it is all part of the journey and I hope I can take Marjorie's advice and focus more on my successes as a mother and enjoy that journey.
Of course I had a great mother's day & was showered with lots of gifts, mostly handmade, which are absolutely my FAVORITE!! Rex drew a picture of me along with a lot of other fabulous Mother's Day drawings. Alivia made a few things at school for me. So tender and so what I wanted. Her class put together little box with all sorts of things in it. I thought it was so cute. This is what it said & these are the things that were in it:
A Mother's Love kit...
A jewel: because you are so precious to me.
A band aid:because you always make it better.
A shamrock leaf: as you are always my Hope, Faith & Love.
A safety pin: to hold it all together when things fall apart.
A string: to tie to your finger so that you never forget that I love you.
A garden rock: because you are the foundation of my world.
A golden heart: because you 'll always have mine.
A rubber band: for when I stretch you to your limits.
A helping hand: for a time when you are in need of my help.
A photo: so you will always remember me as I am now.
A kiss to say Happy Mother's Day!!
Talk about melting my heart. Jared made a super yummy dinner and gave me some beautiful flowers. I am one lucky girl!!
A few weeks ago I miscarried our 4th baby. It was hard on us all, but we also felt like we were blessed with such peace and understanding. I know it is a personal thing to be blogging about, but I have been helped by others who have posted on their blogs about personal things that they have gone through. I have had many friends lose babies at different stages before & after birth and now I feel like I have a tiny understanding of how hard it really is. This experience gave us a good opportunity to talk as a family about the blessing of eternal families. We know that this baby will always be apart of our family. I am grateful to be a mommy. I am grateful for my own mom, for the countless things she does for me & has taught me. I don't think I truly understood patience, exhaustion, worry, & most of all complete unselfish love until I became a mother. I love the moms in my life and I hope I can follow in the footsteps. Happy Mother's Day!!!! xoxox
6 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day. The photos are beautiful. I really hope you know how much we love you.
so very sweet to hear a mommy talk about her children with such love
I just heard today about your miscarriage. I am so sorry. Like I said in my email, you truly have a "mother heart" and are a wonderful example. Your family is blessed to have you.
You are such a wonderful mother to your children and example to me! I love the photos. You need to post more that your friend took of all of you! Love you!
I am so sorry about your miscarriage! I actually just had a miscarriage last month ): It does make you extra grateful for the kids you have and an eternal prospective! Happy Mother's Day!
Cutest picture ever!!! I love it!! I'm glad you had a nice mothers day. Homemade stuff is ALWAYS the best! :)
I am so sorry about your miscarriage.It is great to have the knowledge of the gospel at times like these. The blessing of eternal families brought me comfort each time I miscarried. I hope you will continue to be uplifted and know the Lord has so much in store for you! Love ya!!
Post a Comment