He took a good yank, it wouldn't come out, Liv got nervous and shut her mouth. So that night when she had fallen asleep Jared went in to take care of business once and for all. We are known for getting things done while the kids are asleep. I have removed many slivers, stickers in the feet, anything that the kids freak out over while they are awake, I take care of while they are conked out. My kids sleep so deep that they usually don't even budge.
So Jared went in, tissue in hand, and latched onto her tooth. Apparently she wasn't totally asleep and made a huh?! sound, but before she could say another peep, the tooth was out. She came running into my room to show me the tooth that had a massively long root(her other tooth had the same thing) so it keeps the tooth nice and snug in her gums. Of course she had to show me the bloody, gooey hole in her mouth that I love so much....I have the chills thinking about it.
So then Liv preceded to write a letter to the tooth fairy. I should have taken a pic of her letter, instead I will just tell you what it said...
Dear Tooth Fairy,
I was wondering if I could keep my tooth. If that is ok. Can I please have some of your fairy dust too? I want to know if it will make me fly (we like Peter Pan at our house :)...). Thank you for looking at my tooth and can you leave it by my head.
Alivia Finch
It was really cute. So after she went to bed I scrambled around looking for the perfect fairy dust. My options were craft glitter or sparkly eye shadow. I decided on the eye shadow powder. I sprinkled it by her note and left some money for her. She was beyond thrilled in the morning....but the excitement soon stopped as I heard a NO......come from her room and found that Lucy had dumped water all over her note and fairy dust. Sad day! So she didn't get to try out the dust to see if it would make her fly. I told her that maybe the tooth fairy could make a special trip back to our house some time soon and share a little bit more of her fairy dust with her.
I am glad that her little long rooted tooth is finally out. Now she is showing me how loose her front little buckers are.....more wiggling, wiggling, wiggling...we will keep you posted! :)
6 comments:
She is such a cutie. Glad she finally got her tooth out.
Haha... very brilliant way to get her tooth out!
So fun and creative!! Maybe Livi would like a tradition my mom does. She gives dream dust at night to help us dream about fun and wonderful things--it is a fun tradition! I love her sweet and tender heart!
Ooooh,...I got goosebumps when I read that last story. I can't wait to have experiences like this with B. You are such a good mom Julie! I look up to you tons for the light that you are to your family and to the world around you!
Julie- Ahhh! What a moment- definetely a mommy paycheck!
AUSTRALIA! WOW! How exciting! Will you be there long? What an adventure!
Your family is beautiful! I'm so glad we're back in touch!
PS- Mass props on the pirate cake!
What a tenderbug. Isn't it amazing how sensitive they are to the Spirit? Logan has already stared to say Jesus when she looks at the pictures we have up in our house. It literally almost makes me cry every time I hear her say His name. They are such little blessings in our lives.
Post a Comment