Wednesday, May 12, 2010

IT'S A BOY......meet jack

This is Jack, only about a minute after he was born.  There is nothing quite like the feeling of hearing your new baby cry for the first time..it is sweet. 

                                        Jack Jay Finch
                              Born: Thursday, May 6th
                              Time: 8:26 am
                              Weight: 7 lbs.
                              Length: 19 in.
                              Location: Norwest Private Hospital,
                                               Bella Vista, Australia


The proud papa, looking like a Doc.
With my other babies I have never been able to hold them until I am back from the recovery room and in my own room again.  It was great this time because they told me that I would have about 10 minutes to "cuddle my bub" as they say.  I LOVED it!  He is such a sweetheart!!

Our friends took our kids in the morning for us (bright and early...thanks Prepchuks).  When Jared called them to tell them they had a baby brother, Rex started yelling, "I have a brother, I have a brother,I have a brother."

Liv has been so sweet with him.  She tells me multiple times a day how much she loves him.  She wrote a note and put it by his bed that said," I will always love you Jack."  I love that girl.

As you can tell by the huge cheeser on Rex's face...he is nothing but thrilled to have his brother in his arms.

Lucy loves him too and likes to hold his earlobe for him.  She has an obsession with earlobes.  :)

Jack will be well loved!!
While I was in the hospital I called home and was talking to Rex and he could hear Jack crying in the background so he said, "Mom, I know exactly what you need to do.  Jack will stop crying if you rub his head for him, not hard, not soft." 

Grandma holding her 30th grandchild.

Jack getting his first bath.

When Jack was born they had to pull him out with forceps and he got a little cut on his cute face on the way out.

me imagining if i had 8 children!  WOW!!

After 6 days in the hospital we were ready to be home.  It was nice to go outside int he sunshine and bring Jack home.

He has been a good boy and we are grateful to have him with us.  Everyday he looks more and more like Rex.

This picture cracks me up.  Everyone is sorta doing their own thing.  Liv is doing a yoga move and Lucy with her fists and massive grin.  I love it!

12 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

Reading this post brought my little self to tears knowing that we'll be having our little boy join our family in a couple months. Julie,...you have seriously got the most ADORABLE family! You make the BEST mom! And I can't believe how dang good you look just after having a baby! WOW! Congrats you guys! What an amazing little spirit Jack must be to be born to your little family!

BTW - I think you'd be a great mother of 8!! HA!

Ashley Schill said...

CONGRATS!!!! We are beyond excited for you guys. Jamisen is excited to have a boy cousin his age...they will be partners in crime as they get older! Jack is so beautiful! I wish we could be there to hold him and cuddle him in person. I'm so glad Mom is there to help you! This is such a special time! We love you! :)

Susanna said...

Hooray!! What a lucky boy.

You make a beautiful little family.

Love to you and the babes.

Jamie said...

Congrats, Julie! He's great! We're off on a new adventure now! Good luck!

Tyler and Heather Kimball said...

Julie- I just love ya so much! I miss you! I'm so excited for your new addition. Jack is so darling. There is nothingn like a newborn, and that stage goes too fast. And thank you for the link to Stephanie's video, it was very touching.

Lacie said...

Congrats Jared and Julie!!!

prepchuks said...

He's so cute, congratulations on growing your family :D

Anonymous said...

Another perfect Finch baby. You should have 8 children, all your kids are so darling and sweet. We are so excited for you and wish you the very best with little Jack. Wish we could be there. Enjoy your time with your mom too, she's the best!!

We love you all!

Jenny Gardner said...

Congrats Julie and Jared!!!

Beautiful family, beautiful baby! We just got back into the USA. Sad we never met up while we were both so close (relatively speaking), but hopefully our paths will cross again.

Lots of love!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Congrats to all of you! He is beautiful!!

Ang said...

Jules and Jared - It is painful to see such adorable pictures and be so far away!! We will have to squeeze each others' cheeks and pretend they are Jack's...and the other cute babies of yours!! We love you and hope that recovery is kind and quick. Please hug your mama as we didn't figure out how to talk to her and wish her a Happy Mother's Day...we love her and all of you. Tell Jared we miss him and hope that we can SKYPE a family when things calm down a bit. Those kids are so blessed to have you!
Cheers and love,
Ang & fam
x

Emily said...

Congrats Julie! What a darling family. Love the last shot with your mom. Liv is well on her way to being a yoga instructor!