Isn't the Harbour Bridge beautiful?? One of Jared's co-workers, Amy, just moved into her new apartment. Literally her place is about 100 feet from the left of this picture. The views are incredible. She was so kind to invite us over for a fun dinner night.
I picked her up from work with the kids and left Jared to finish some things (he walked over to her place because his office is a short walk from the bridge). Anyway, we had an adventure getting to her place. We ended up getting stuck and the only way to get to her place was to ever so slowly drive down a one way street going the wrong direction. A man walking on the street gave me a disappointed look and shook his head at me. It was one of those moments when I wish I didn't have an American flag on the back of my car.
Oh well!
Anyway, we made it. Amy had invited some of her friends as well. They are all from the same area in China. It was fun to meet them. They were so great with the kids and made me feel like a supermom. They asked me over and over again how I managed with 4 kids and that I must be a supermom! Hahahaha...I laughed...but it was nice of them to think that! :)
Liv was loving the camera and catching all sorts of good shots.
First we went to Amy's apartment and she made us smoothies. Then she and her friends made all sorts of yummy dishes including Chinese pancakes (i love them...I am pretty sure I ate 50). While the food was cooking Jared took the kids on a walk down by the water and I sat on a bench in the park to feed Jack. The view was so beautiful & so peaceful. I really love Sydney and feel really lucky to be able to live here for a little bit.
We ate the first course out on the grass which was perfect because the kids could run wild. We had planned to walk down to a BBQ area down the road to BBQ sausages, octopus and veggies, but by then it was getting late and the kiddos were getting tired.
{this is amy with the kids...they love her. She has been to our place a few times and cooked us some great Chinese dishes.}
So we headed back to Amy's for dessert. She loaded us up with ice cream bars...chocolate...more fruit...it was a lot of fun! It was such a nice night...hopefully we will do it again sometime!!


No comments:
Post a Comment