We got to hang out with Chris & Chelsea Hedquist a few days ago. They live in Mosman, which is near Manly & Balmoral Beach...oh and the zoo. They told us about this great Thai restaurant called,Papaya Thai so we decided to make plans to go. It was delicious!!! I love Thai! We ate way too much of course, but with Thai food you just can't stop if it is sitting in front of you.
Anyway, a funny thing happened. We ordered these succulent chicken thing a ma bobbers for an appetizer. They came wrapped in a crispy leaf that smelled and tasted a bit like popcorn so we decided to eat it. It was chewy but pretty tasty. We all started chowing down on these leaf covered chicken bites when suddenly a woman came running over. She actually kind of startled me. I was mid bite when she says,"No eat the leaf...stop immediately eating the leaf." We looked at each other and started cracking up. I am sure she thought we were something special and had to keep an eye on us to make sure we didn't try eating the silverware. :) It was pretty funny. We had a fun night. Chris & Chelsea are fellow Americans living the Aussie life and they leave at the beginning of the year to head to the states and then to Denmark where they will live for a bit. We will miss them heaps!


1 comment:
Ha ha, I still laugh when I think about her face -- you seriously thought that we were going to die from eating those leaves! Thanks so much again for coming up, it was so much fun :) And I love all the stories about your kids, they such crack-ups.
Post a Comment