{the Rome, Italy temple will look like this when it is finished}
Twice a year we get to hear from the Prophet and leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It is called General Conference. I love General Conference. I always look forward it. President Thomas S. Monson gave a great talk about temples. You can watch it here.
I have many great experiences in many different temples. I love this temple...
The picture is a little fuzzy, but you can still see how beautiful it is. I married Jared in the Mount Timpanogas Temple and it looked a lot like this on the day we were married...snowy! This temple was finished and dedicated while I was in high school, so I have a great connection to it. I spent many early mornings there in high school and college. It was also the place that brought me great comfort after my sister passed away. It is a beautiful place.
Both Jared and I love the Provo Temple. It is the temple we grew up seeing and knowing. It sits up on the hill with the beautiful Rock Canyon as it's backdrop and the Missionary Training Center sits in front of it. We both have great memories from this temple. When I was little I liked to go in the backyard at my house and look at the temple. My parents house has a beautiful view of the Provo Temple and Y mountain.
We also love the Salt Lake Temple. Every time we would drive to my cousins house in Layton or go to Salt Lake I always loved seeing the Salt Lake Temple from the freeway. And as we have lived away from Utah, every time we come home it is always comforting to see the temple.
Of course we also love the Boise, Idaho Temple from when Idaho was our home. Once again, we have so many great memories from being able to go to this temple.
This is our temple now here in Sydney. It is beautiful and we love it. It is such a blessing to have a temple near us and we are grateful we can enter its doors. We love every temple that we have been able to enter or see.
If you want to watch highlights from General Conference you can watch it here. I think you will really love it!





2 comments:
I hope to see you at the dedication!
I love the temple too! Isn't it fun to have wonderful stories and memories connected to different temples?!
Post a Comment