After a fun few days in Fresno the kids and I headed 2 hours west to Monterey to my parent's house. If you have never been to Monterey you really should. It is unique and so beautiful.
{the kids decided to do a beauty salon outside..it was pretty funny. Lucy wasn't loving it though.}
When I was 3 years old my family lived in Pebble Beach and this was one of our favorite places to go. It's a classic memory for my family. Dennis the Menace Park. It has changed and become more modern over the years but it's still fun and full of cool things. Since I was little my family has gone back to Monterey several times so it has a special place in my heart. My parents spend the majority of the year there.
I think all of my brothers and sisters have a pic drinking out of the lion fountain...
The big train had been there FOREVER! As I was watching my kids climb on it I realized how dangerous it is...but kids have been climbing on it for years so it must be semi safe.
Oh and some more danger. I think Liv was hoping to go back to Australia with a broken arm.. haha
The bridge...I don't know how many times I ran across that thing. It wiggles and you feel like you are on an adventure.
This slide used to be metal and it would get hot and sizzle your legs and I am pretty sure it was steep. This new one if fun and safer I guess.
The rollie thingy slide was fun.
Even big kids can ride on it.
After Dennis the Menace Park we headed to another family memory and tradition...Thrifty Ice cream. The scoops are square although they are looking pretty round in the picture. hmm...
Next stop was Fisherman's Wharf. They had a cool car show going on. This car look like the car my parent's drove.
Rex liked this car but he didn't want me taking a picture with everyone walking by.
Lucy and her pink car to match her pink jacket.
I have a lot of good memories of this place. There used to be a guy with a monkey out front. The monkey used to do tricks, but I guess he got too old.
We went out on the pier to look at some of the sea lions and there was a sea otter and her pup right near us.
cute animal
The Wharf has a lot of fun shops. Clam chowder a plenty. They give out samples but I am not a clam chowder lover so I get one for those that like it. There is also a candy shop where we like to get caramel apples.
Instead of the monkey we found a guy that had some cool birds.
I'd be nervous too.
More Monterey pictures to come.....
2 comments:
It was fun looking at your photos and text. They bring back a lot of great memories of the time we spent with you. Love your blog!
What a cool playground! Monterey is such a fun city.
Post a Comment