Tuesday, April 3, 2012

surprised in the city

A few weeks ago we met our friends Baron & Jason in the city for dinner.  They planned it and said that it was to celebrate my birthday.  Of course I was very excited.  I figured we were going to any one of the great restaurants in Sydney.


It's always exciting to venture into the city to meet friends.

Baron tried to trick me and tell me that our reservations at a restaurant (I still didn't know which one) fell through and that we were just going to go to the food court.  Awesome!  I am not fussy, and happy to eat anywhere.  So we started walking and Baron's job was to distract me as we headed toward the real location. The funny thing is there was no need for distracting, I am terrible with directions and  wouldn't have caught on.  :)

We walked up to this place and Jason said that were NOT going to the food court but the Sydney Center Point Tower.  I have been wanting to go there for as long as we have lived here.  Jared has been a few times with work so it was great to go together.  They all said they wish they would have recorded my reaction.  Apparently it was pretty good. :)

You check in and hop in an elevator and go up a bunch of floors to the top where there is a restaurant.  The restaurant rotates around so that you see every side of Sydney.  The views are breathtaking. It was amazing!

It's a buffet so of course that was fabulous!  We ate and ate and ate and talked and laughed...and I ate some more because it was so good!

I took all these pictures on my phone so they are a bit fuzzy.  Even though it was overcast it was still amazing. We saw some incredible lightening, in fact the storm got so intense that they had to close the elevator for about an hour because of the wind so we got to stay up there for a little bit longer.





All of us including my hand that looks ginormous in this picture. hahaha!

We were at the top of that tower.  Honestly, it was an amazing night.  We had such a fun time.  I felt so fancy being able to celebrate my birthday that way.  I was overwhelmed, awesome night!  

On our way back to stop in at Baron's house we saw this ad in a window and all the guys made me get a picture in front of it.  I have been told a time or two that we look a like. The picture doesn't adequately show my red embarrassed checks. :)

In the morning we told the kids where we had gone for dinner & they thought it was the coolest thing ever.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, you guys really do look alike! What a nice surprise!

Becca said...

Glad you had a fun birthday! Your family picture at the top looks great! Your kids are way too cute!