Saturday, August 25, 2007

sleeping sweethearts

This entry is probably more for me then anyone else, but I just wanted to write something so that I don't forget it. All of the kids are in bed and I went to check on each of them. They looked so cute & I started thinking about how sweet & peaceful they are when they are asleep and how I seem to forget all the things that drove me crazy during the day. For instance I thought of how many times I had to tell Rex that pens & pencils are not swords & that you can't get pirates with them. Or how many times I have to remind Alivia not to touch Lucy when she is asleep. And how many times I have to rescue Lucy from her very loving older brother & sister. Or why half of every meal somehow ends up on the floor. I guess I just realized that it is OK that my sliding glass door is constantly covered in sticky hand prints and that Rex will always love to jump on the freshly folded laundry. I am just grateful for each of them and I feel like they are growing up too fast. I am grateful for the quiet moments when I can recharge and gear up for the next day. They are sweet kids and they are constantly making me laugh. Jared & I love to talk about the funny things the kids did or said that day. They are huge blessings in our lives.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved reading this--it is such a sweet moment. I'm glad you shared it on the blog, even if it was just for you.