

Ok so I am not going crazy! For a few weeks now, whenever I put the laundry away, some of the matches to the socks were missing. I checked the washer & the dryer and the washer again & still no socks. So I kept a pile of all of the socks that I couldn't find matches to. Well, the other day I was cleaning up Rex's room and I saw a bag back behind his bed. When I look inside I found a stash of socks...but not just socks...a load of bouncy balls as well. I laughed out loud when I saw them because Rex had stuffed a bunch of bouncy balls in the socks and decided he would keep them in a safe place. It was pretty funny. So now I have the matches back to all the socks....just in time for summer when the kids won't wear socks. If you have been to our house you know that we have 4 years worth of bouncy balls. Jared usually finds them at his store and occasionally the kids will get one out of the machine, so I hadn't noticed that a bunch of balls were missing. I love Rex's little creative mind. I can't remember what he called the bouncy sock balls. It was something funny:).
The other picture is what I find in Rex's room EVERY day, I swear. I will hang his clothes in his closet and come back a few hours later and they are all over the floor in his closet. When I was pregnant with Lucy we didn't find out if we were having a boy or a girl, but we had a boy & a girl name picked out. Jack or Lucy were the names. Well, obviously we had a girl, Lucy, now Rex saves all his stuff for baby Jack. So the pile in his closet is stuff for baby Jack. He is saving it for him. If I try & put it away, he puts it right back. It is pretty sweet. He also has a pile of stuff that he has outgrown that he is saving for Jack. The only problem is that he has to have it in his closet in the corner. Just a little bit of pressure to have a baby boy next.
5 comments:
That is too sweet. Lucy is one now, what are you waiting for...give Rex his baby boy!
How cute is that! I've decided that boys are soooo much fun!
On a different note, San Francisco is such a fun city, I love it there! But you are right, it is ridiculously expensive. We enjoy living in California and our ward is the best, but I still miss the mountains in Utah. Let us know what happens!
Oh, that is so cute. Bailey and Aislynn do the same thing with the socks. Only they put them on every single stuffed animal they have, and then hide the stuffed animals,telling me they are sleeping. So as I am cleaning I find them all over the place.
Love,
Trina
That is so funny! McKay just thinks the washer eats all the socks, but now I think I'll check in his toy box...he may be keeping them in a safe place too. Oh, the things they think of! When are you coming back to Utah?
Rex cracks me up. It reminds me of Ty when he was little. He put pennies in his socks and then he'd swing them around like nunchucks!
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment