The bottle part of the story is a little more sad. I have been telling Lucy and mainly myself that it was time to say bye bye to the bottle soon. I have let her keep it longer than Rex (Liv never took a bottle, she refused). Quite frankly, it was the only way I could get them to quit nursing. So tonight was her first night without her bah, bah, She was sobbing and sobbing. I told her that we would save them for the new baby...wrong thing to say...she sobbed louder and said.."No, I am your baby, they are MY bah, bahs." I tried snuggling with her in her bed reassuring her that it was all going to be ok and that I understood she was sad about her bottle. She told me to go away...so I went away and after a few minutes of listening to her heartbreaking sob, I went back into her room and asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She nodded yes, so I cuddled her like a little baby and after a few whimpers she was out. I sat there for a few extra minutes and looked at her cute face and kind of felt a little sad that she isn't a baby anymore...yet at the same time I am loving the age she is at. She is so cute and is really starting to talk, I mean she has always talked, but now I think more people can understand her, not just me. Before she fell asleep I told her that I was very proud of her and she gave me one of her famous Lucy crusties...but I really am. She has been so good and so big with so many changes. I am feeling happy about not buying diapers...at least for another 5 months.
Monday, November 30, 2009
arrivederci bottle...hello big girl panties
The bottle part of the story is a little more sad. I have been telling Lucy and mainly myself that it was time to say bye bye to the bottle soon. I have let her keep it longer than Rex (Liv never took a bottle, she refused). Quite frankly, it was the only way I could get them to quit nursing. So tonight was her first night without her bah, bah, She was sobbing and sobbing. I told her that we would save them for the new baby...wrong thing to say...she sobbed louder and said.."No, I am your baby, they are MY bah, bahs." I tried snuggling with her in her bed reassuring her that it was all going to be ok and that I understood she was sad about her bottle. She told me to go away...so I went away and after a few minutes of listening to her heartbreaking sob, I went back into her room and asked her if she wanted me to hold her. She nodded yes, so I cuddled her like a little baby and after a few whimpers she was out. I sat there for a few extra minutes and looked at her cute face and kind of felt a little sad that she isn't a baby anymore...yet at the same time I am loving the age she is at. She is so cute and is really starting to talk, I mean she has always talked, but now I think more people can understand her, not just me. Before she fell asleep I told her that I was very proud of her and she gave me one of her famous Lucy crusties...but I really am. She has been so good and so big with so many changes. I am feeling happy about not buying diapers...at least for another 5 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment