Thursday, November 26, 2009

Just a few things that make my life sweet

As I think about the things that I am most grateful for, it is hard to narrow it down to just a few. There are so many things that make life sweet for me. Of course some if the greatest blessings in my life are these first four faces......

I love, love, love this little lady. She is a huge blessing in my life.
I love, love, love this cutie. He is a huge blessing in my life.

I love, love, love this little goose. She is a huge blessing in my life.

I love, love, love this burley bearded handsome guy! He is a huge blessing in my life. My little family means a lot to me and I am excited for the new little blessing that will be a part of our family soon. Other blessings in my life include my family, Jared's family, my faith and beliefs, great friends I have met during my life...just to name a few.
I am grateful for the things in life that make me happy. I love the temple. The temple has helped me get through some challenging moments in my life & difficult decisions. I love everything about the temple.


I am grateful for skype. Especially since we live SOOOO far away from our families and friends. It is such a blessing to be able to still see them and at least feel like we are somewhat close...through a screen. ;) It is nice to see a face with a voice. Technology is a blessing.

Few things top an awesome scenery for me. I am grateful for nature and for beautiful sights!

Fluffy, yet firm pillows. I love a good pillow and I love fresh sheets out of the dryer. So I am very grateful for simple things like sheets and ahh, pillows.


There are so many simple things in my life that just make me happy and put a smile on my face. I am grateful for delicious cc cookies with cold milk for dunking. They are just yum...period! I think I may make some after this post.

I am grateful for watermelon. I have always loved it, but it has been a life saver during my pregnancies. Sometimes all I could eat were watermelons. It is no wonder my kids love it too...they had plenty of it in my belly. ;)


I am grateful for vacuums. I absolutely love a freshly vacuumed floor. I kinda think I may be OCD about it. I find myself vacuuming a couple times a day sometimes because I can't really handle seeing specks on the carpet. So yeah, I am grateful the vacuum was invented.



I am grateful for water. A nice cold glass of water is such a treat, especially on a blazin day.


I love candy. I love anything gummy. I love popcorn jelly bellies, cinnamon bears and gummy savers. I also love Swedish Fish. I am grateful for yummy candy. Makes life sweet...hahaha :)


I may be a weirdo, but I really love pickles and I am grateful for them. I eat them all the time. My mom even made me a cake in the shape of a ginormous pickle for my birthday one year. I think I even got a jar of them for Christmas each year, along with beef jerky.. :) Pickles have also been a life saver when I am pregnant too though. When nothing sounds good, I can always count on pickles, so I am grateful for them.

I am grateful for lotion. Not really sure what I would do without it. I like feeling soft and smelling good, so lotion makes my gratitude list.

I am grateful for the use of my hands. If you think about it, you use your hands for so many things. I like making things, so I really am grateful for my hands for that reason too. At the top of my list would also be good health. I am truly grateful for my health & a body that works.

I am grateful for the beach and flip flops.














Not really sure what the massive gap is above the chapstick...but speaking of chapstick...boy am I grateful for it. I have been called a chapstickaholic a time or two or five in my life. I can freely admit my addiction. I keep chapstick all over the place, I just don't like to be without it.
I could go on & on as all of us probably could about what we are grateful for. I am thankful for the big and small things in life that make it so great and most importantly I am grateful for the people in my life that make me happy. I am grateful for date nights with Jared, quiet moments during the day, cuddles from my kids, a new toothbrush...the list goes on. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you guys a Happy Thanksgiving down under as well. Have a great day, and days to come.

prepchuks said...

I'm just glad that your tooth brush made the short list...would have liked to see it closer to the top of the post though! - Wes

Emily said...

I am thankful for you! I love your list!

Jerry and Maaret said...

Hey there! What a great blog :) I have to agree with you about the importance of family and that I, too, am eternally grateful watermelon and the beach and flip flops! Your family is so cute. I am really jealous that you get to live in Austrtalia- it's one of the places that I would really love to live someday. We lived in England for four years and just moved back to the States a year ago. It was so hard to be so far away from family and friends, but at the same time it was the most wonderful adventure for my little family! Maggie still thinks she's English and asks when we're moving back there. Now we live in North Pole, Alaksa... which has been another adventure. Anyway, just wanted to say hello :)

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

It was so great to hear of all the things you are grateful for I am OCD about clean floors as well. I love vacuumed floors. Hope you had a great holiday