The fancy pants restaurant that we went to with his work was called Doyle's and it was right on the ocean over looking the Opera house and Harbour Bridge. Although we have lived here for over a year, the sight of those two landmarks still takes my breath away. So the pic above is taken at the restaurant. It was pretty spectacular. So some more firsts, I hadn't eaten at a fancy restaurant in circular quay and I also tried a snapper fish dish (I think that is what it was called). It was SO good!! Jared & i determined that I am a seafood lover, just not that kind of seafood that you have to pick apart with your hands. I like fish, not prawns and lobster types of seafood. Jared loves it all!
We turbo walked to the concert hall (I made Jared snail pace it a few times because my stomach started contracting and I wasn't up for having this baby delivered by Dr. Jared Finch with a pocket knife...hahaha) So a friend from Jared's work had tickets to see Lyle Lovett but last minute he was unable to go so he gave the tickets to Jared. I will admit I wasn't familiar with most of his music, but I did know he sang the "You've got a Friend in Me" song from Toy Story & awhile back he was married to Julia Roberts...ok..I didn't really know all that...Jared told me ;).It was a good concert. He did a few blue grass numbers which I love. We had a great seats and I only had to march up the stairs to use the ladies room twice during it. Apparently this little baby loves music because it was doing a jig on my bladder. One more month until we get to hold him/her. Very exciting!! To wrap it up, we had a great time together..hopped back on the train, fetched our car and drove home again home again jiggity jig, walked in and kissed all of our babies in their beds. :)
5 comments:
Jules, I loved reading this. "Fetched." This is a word I previously only used for describing a dog catching and retrieving a stick...now I use it for things like you...fetching a car, a ride, a child, a __________. I LOVE IT!!
It also made me laugh to see you got busted with the picture thing...Ry seems to have that problem again and again!! haaha!
Love you...ang
Excuse me...did I say "fetching a ride?" I meant "fetching a LIFT!"
I love Doyles we went there when we went to Sydney too. We sat by the window that looks out at the opera house and the harbor bridge:) Love it
Sounds like such a fun night! I'm glad to see you finally look like there is a baby in your tummy! You look great and we can't wait for baby Finchie to arrive!
First, You look Great! Remember when we went to the American Idol concert and I was huge with Max? haha!
Give those babies and extra kiss from me.
Love ya!
Post a Comment