Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Perfect Fall day at Clontarf Beach

We had a beautiful, hot, autumn day here in Sydney so we met up with some friends at the beach. This beach was probably one of my favorites. It is located in Manly and it is on the harbour. There is a great park right on the beach with all sorts of cool equipment and fun things for the kids.
It also has a gated off area for kids to play in. I quickly realized that it wasn't so much to keep the kids in as it was to keep other things out. Don & Jared decided to give me a mini heart attack and swim out to a few of the boats(they touched the butt...hahaha..finding nemo) out in the harbour. You better believe I had my eagle eye on them just in case they went under...I know, I know, I need to relax about the sharks...I just can't help it. Oh well, the men had a fun time & they came back to shore in one piece. :)
It felt nice to get back to the beach. Life has been so busy lately that we feel like we haven't been to the beach for ages.
Lucy always gets right to business with the digging and playing. :)
The kids found some itty bitty sea stars and jellies. We actually touched one of the jellies we caught and guess what...it felt like jelly. ;) I know, hard to believe!
Jared & Rexbo jumped off the side of the fenced area into the water. I was pretty proud of Rex because the fence was pretty high and the water was pretty deep.
I missed them jumping off but caught Rex's head bobbing to the surface. He loved it.
This beach also has lots of BBQs around so we grilled up some hot dogs. The American skinless kind. If you have been here, you know what I mean. They must be skinless...haha.
This is the Bennion family. They lived in Denmark for 2.5 years then moved here and have been here for almost 8 months. They move back to the US in May. We actually have mutual friends back home in Utah. Small world. It was fun to get together with them.

We really love how beautiful the weather is here. It is pretty gorgeous most of the time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

OH my gosh! Look at the leaves on the ground! You are in fall! So backwards . . . :)

C Stevens said...

Thank you for letting me live my dreams through you. It WAS a nice day at the beach.