Wednesday, November 23, 2011

7 years old

Rex turned 7 back in September.  He he is enjoying some birthday breakfast.

That night he had some of his best mates over for pizza and a movie.  Rex got a basketball for his birthday so naturally we had to have a quick game in the kitchen to try it out. :)

I made him a pocket knife cake.  He got a pocket knife for his birthday and loves it.  Of course it is small and he has adult supervision.  He has asked to take it to school which is not a good idea.  I did get a message from a friend telling me me thanks for letting Rex have a pocket knife at church because it came in handy when she broke her nail and needed a file.  I have had to confiscate it a few times but overall he has been great with it.

His friend Conner gave him these cool wakie talkies.  

Rex & his best mates. 

The highlight and best gift he received was a budgie.  He picked it out.  His name was Blue.  See how I said was?  It's a whole other post coming your way.  Rex LOVED that bird and was teaching him secret handshakes and words. 


Rex has this photo in his room.  Blue was the best bird ever. He let you hold him all the time.


I will post about Blue soon.  It was a very sad traumatic experience.  He passed away 2 weeks after we got them.  More to come.  
On a happier note...happy birthday to our handsome Rex!!

1 comment:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

Happy birthday Rex! I love the pocket knife cake - you Schill's do not mess around when it comes to birthday cakes. :) Can't wait to hear about the demise of Blue. :(