{i made the mistake of taking a little snooze while putting jack to bed..now I am awake..just enough to do one post and then I think I will be ready to call it a night}
***
These are MY babies! Do you ever have those moments when you look around and can't believe that you are the mom and all these kids are yours? I do! I had one of those moments tonight as I went to check on my kids in their beds for the bizillionth time. I walked into their rooms and looked at their cute faces and couldn't believe they were mine.
Being a mommy hasn't been so easy for me as of lately. I don't know what it is, but I have found myself feeling overwhelmed, annoyed and holding onto the end of the patience rope. I don't want to be hanging onto the end of the rope, I want to enjoy the time I have with my kids. I love them dearly, obviously, but sometimes, and it is just sometimes I feel like running for the hills for some quiet time. I have good kids, but like most kids they fight and like to get in each others faces and tease one another endlessly. I am digging deep lately for more patience. I need to embrace the messes, because they are not in shortage around here. Its' okay if they want to cut massive amounts of paper into tiny, tiny pieces for a game they are inventing. It's okay if I come home from a movie and Lucy has chopped her hair by herself {pics to come..she actually did a great job} and it is okay if Jack camps out in front of the water dispenser and drains all the water from the dispenser leaving an enormous lake in our kitchen. Sometimes I feel as though I need to just Schillax or chillax {Schill is my maiden name so of course we always used that term growing up...nerdy I know ;)}Anyway, i just hope I am teaching them how to be good and I hope I am teaching them how to work. It's hard especially when i know I couldn't just hurry and do the job and safe myself the headache of asking and asking them to clean up. It's good for them to help out. {Jared is brilliant at that. He makes it fun and wahlah, they are cleaning up}. It's good that Lucy is cleaning the toilet with the nasty brush and I am cringing as water off the brush is coming dangerously close to towels and tooth brushes and...gross. She is learning to help, right and that is important.
I am so incredibly grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with two girls and two boys. Each with their own talents and personalities. Being a mom is hard stuff. Sometimes I don't know what to say to try and make a situation better, sometimes I just don't feel like I have the right words. And don't get me started on the worrying. I am a maniac...but as hard as it all is, I am beyond grateful for all of it. I am learning so much and I know what kind of mother I am striving to be...I need to give myself some credit {Jared is good to remind me of what I do well} and focus on the things I do well at as a mom and stop picking at myself for all the moments I fall short. It isn't easy. All I know is that I love my kids more than words can even express. They mean so much to me. I am grateful the sun rises in the morning and I have another opportunity to try my best to be a great mom. I love my babies and I am grateful for their unconditional love. They are amazing kids and I am so happy & grateful to be their mommy.

4 comments:
Love this post! Thank you for sharing. I feel like that more and more each day and was wondering if it was just me! I despise a messy house and all the teasing the kiddos do, but it sounds like I need to chillax and enjoy! I can be the most uptight person with my kids, and I don't want them to remember that about me!
I hope you are all doing well!
Katie
Thank you so much for this post! It's just what I need. Being at home with your kids all day is wonderful!...but it is also an enormous amount of work that just keeps undoing itself faster than you can clean it back up. Sometimes the kids just don't seem to be learning to be kind or obedient and Mom's patience gets frazzled.
Thanks for sharing your experience so I can feel like other good moms struggle sometimes. It's never too late to be the best mom you can be. Thanks!
P.S. That photo of your kids is adorable! I love it!
Very well said. I'm sure every mom on the planet feels that way, so don't think you're alone. :) P.S. I love how you complimented Lucy's cutting job - awesome. :)
Post a Comment