Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

We took a trip down to Utah after Christmas. We had a great time visiting with family & friends. We stopped in at Temple Square on our way down. The lights were very pretty. It was fun to walk around, but man it was freeeeezing. The kids had SO much fun at Jared's parents house. They had a bunch of snow so Alivia & Rex had a blast sledding down the hill. They were sliding wearing Sears bags at first & then Grandpa Finch got some sleds. They also had fun on the snowmobile, riding on it and being pulled by it. They could have stayed out there all day. Jared & I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on the 29th. We went to dinner at Red Lobster. Jared was in heaven eating Crab legs. We celebrated New Year's Eve at the annual Schill party. My sister JoLynne and her family were in town from Houston. It was filled with lots of food, birthday cake for my nephew Hunter's birthday, laughing and of course burping. We always have a burping contest at every New Year's Eve party. We sat & talked about funny experiences growing up. Packing 10 people in a car and when we all got out the car had a perma sag. Camping and sleeping on the hard floor. I don't think I got a pad until I was older. It was so fun. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time for a day and be 5 or 14 again. I had a great childhood.
We had fun spending time with the Finch side. We went to Tommy Burger together and had a Chicago dog. YUM!! It was fun to hang out and see friends. Alivia and Rex had fun with their aunts and uncles.
My brother Jeff and sister in-law Ashley spent Christmas & New Year's in Fresno with her family. They flew into Salt Lake on the 1st. We met them for lunch at The Pie on our way home. We were glad we got to see them for a hour or so.
We had a great time and were so glad we made it there and back safetly. We hit some pretty good blizzards along the way. We hope you all had a fun holiday. Happy 2008!
One more funny thing. I picked Liv up from school today she told me that she is learning about Dinosaurs. She told me that dinosaurs are "stinked" (extincted). Rex looked at her and said"My dinosaurs don't stink." It was pretty cute.

No comments: