Monday, January 28, 2008

He will be missed!


So I am up a little bit late with a sick little Lucy. I just wanted to type a few things about sweet President Hinckley. Our family was saddened and shocked to hear about President Hinckley's passing. Jared & I talked about what a great man he was & what a great example to the world. I told Alivia that he had died and she got a little teary and asked why. I told her that he was old and that it was time for him to be with Heavenly Father. She said, "But I wanted him to live forever." I can only imagine the sweet reunion that must have taken place. I am grateful for his service and example in my life. I feel like he is especially special because he was the prophet during most of my teenage years, and he was the prophet that called me to serve in the Italy mission & he was the prophet during some very important times in my life. I will always remember his great sense of humor and his incredible words. I will also always remember that he taught us all to stand a little taller. He truly was an amazing man and we will miss him dearly.

No comments: