Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lots of snow!!!!










We had a fun weekend. Jared had a 3 day weekend, which doesn't happen very often. We had planned to go the Winter Carnival up in McCall on Friday. We went last year and had a lot of fun, but the news said that we were supposed to get a bunch of snow. So we wanted to do something fun so we decided to check out a tubing place at a ski resort. We were all bundled & ready to go, but then I checked online and the tickets were sold out. Bummer. So we went to visit a friend instead & get a few things for Alivia's birthday next week. Later that afternoon we found out that our pipe in our laundry room had frozen. Water came pouring into the kitchen. Fabulous!! We thought that since our home was built in 2005 that we wouldn't have that problem. We thought we left all those pipe problems behind in our house in Orem that was built in 1950. (Every winter we pretty much geared up for a frozen pipe or a broken pipe or both...one thing we don't miss about that house). Anyway, so Jared worked on fixing the pipe. It has been so cold lately that he just had to heat up the pipe. Later that evening we went to some friends house & made home made ice cream. It was a fun day.

We woke up at 6:15 & decided to go to the Winter Carnival. Our friends met us and we drove up there. It is a beautiful drive, but going through the canyons can be scary in the winter, I was driving Jared nuts because I get nervous with the snow, so I climbed in the back with the kids and watched Cars with them. We went to a Pancake house and ate breakfast. By then the snow was coming down pretty good. We bundled everyone up and started walking into the main part of town. The kids were getting tired of walking & wanted to be held. Last year people were pulling their kids on sleds everywhere. I had meant to get a sled before we left because it is too hard to push a stroller in the snow. We found a little store that sold cheap sleds. The kids loved being pulled around & it made everything so much easier. We walked all over the town looking at the giant snow sculptures. We also watched people plunge. Men & women were jumping into a pool of water that had ice floating in it & then they would jump into the hot tub. It was pretty crazy. Next door was the library and they had a used book sale going on. All the books you could stuff in a bag for $1.00. I found some sweet treasures, classics and books that I have been wanting to read. We ended the day with some funnel cakes and Chinese food. The snow hadn't stopped so we figured we should head out before it started getting dark. The drive home was fine. It is always so nice when you arrive at home safe & sound. Lucy rode in the hiking pack on Jared's back the whole time. She was such a sweetie. She just slept and hid under the blanket. So in the pictures when you see just a blanket behind Jared, Lucy is really under it.

2 comments:

Boettchers said...

Sounds like fun, I've been to the Mccall festival.My niece's middle name is Mccall, she was conceived there!! Funny. I did the tag, sorry it took so long. Thanks for the updates.Cindy

Boettchers said...

I forgot to tell you I did a different tag for you!Cindy