Thursday, August 28, 2008

Movin' down under!!

This will probably come as a shock, but.... last week we found out that we are moving across the world to Sydney, Australia. Jared accepted a new position with a new company. We are VERY excited about the new adventure, but of course sad to leave. After Jared's Visa arrives, he will train here in the US for 2-3 months and then we will head off to Australia probably the end of Dec. first of Jan. We purchased a book about Australia and have been studying all the lingo and learning about the country. The kids love all the pictures of the kangaroos, koala bears & crocodiles. It is a bit overwhelming, all the preparation, but we are really excited about the opportunity. So, if you know of anyone in the market for a house, van, car....we are selling it all. :)

22 comments:

Amanda C said...

Wow! What an adventure. I am sure you will love it. Of course I have never been, but I have a friend who loves it there.

Katie said...

Congratulations, we are excited for you!

Melanie and Troy said...

Oh no really!? How much fun though!! We will miss you! I wish I could say we'll come visit some time...but seriously, probably not. I WISH! We wish you guys the best!

Kateastrophe said...

Um holy crap! I am a lot jealous.

Melanie and Troy said...

OH and you know who lives there....Bill Kick-a-tin-a-long! Yay, you guys can hang out all the time! ;)

Dana said...

Holy freakin crap!! Thats awesome! We have an aunt there and she loves it! Make sure you find out all the stuff they dont carry there because she has a list a mile long everytime people come to visit her of things she needs.
P.S. We may be interested in your van. Email me the details, year, miles, price etc...
Yay, I'm so excited for you!
What type of job is it?

Blackner Family said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you guys!! Are you going to be working with Baron!! Good luck getting ready for the adventure of a lifetime!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Holy Guacamole! What a cool experience!!! How long are you planning on staying there?

shells said...

YAY!! I have been checking for an annoucement every day to see if my favorite Nampa family is leaving ...

Just be prepared for a visit after you get settled!

CONGRATS FINCH FAMILY!

Angie said...

Congrats on the job! Wow. What an announcement. Hope things go smoothly with all the prep. Wish I was closer so I could help out!!

ashley said...

WOW! That's so exciting! We are always looking for jobs overseas, we think it would be such a fun experience to live abroad. And Australia is even better! You don't even have to learn a language, just watch out for sharks:)Good luck with all the details. What kind of job did he get??

Keli and Mike said...

Wow, that is amazing! That will be such a neat adventure for you guys.

Keli and Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Johnson said...

JULIE!!! How fun! You will have a lot to blog about when you get there!

The Marshall Family said...

You are going to be missed here... but what fun you will have! Good luck with everything.

Katrina said...

I am so excited for you!! That is quite the adventure. So what company is Jared working for? How cute that your littlest ones will have an aussie accent!!! I cannot believe it! How long do you thing you will be there?

Love,
Trina

Logan's Mine said...

Um, I don't like the idea. What about mosquitos? What about the koala bears that et drunk off eucalyptus leaves and fall out of the trees? You could get hurt. I think you should stay here where you're safe from all those harmful things. No, Julie! I seriously teared up when I read that. I already don't see you enough as it is. I know it's gonna be a great adventure and all that stuff but I really am sad that you're going to be so far away. Oh, but I guess I'll be happy for you cuz it's the right thing to do. I love you guys so much and hope everything goes so well!!! I hope I can still come in October and spend some time with you before you leave. And if you have any little girl clothes you don't have room for, I have a little girl and would love to store them for you!!!;)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, that is awesome! Did you know that Jenny and Rob are moving to New Zealand the end of the year as well... You be close by (somewhat) My mom's family is all from Australia, I have never been but want to visit. They all live in Brisbane though. Awesome for you, we'll miss you. Have a great time, and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Emily said...

I am very excited for you! My grandparents served a mission there and my great-grandparents were one of the first mission presidents there. They LOVED it! What an adventure! I hope all your kids get Aussie accents!

Annie said...

Your family will truly be missed here! We are way excited for you! Thank goodness for blogging, so we can always check up on you!!! :)

Hey, I never told you thanks for the swim suit! .....THANKS! :)

JeNeale said...

What an adventure for your family, but I have to say, for those of us staying behind in boring old Caldwell, it's a little unfair. We were just getting to know your family, and we will miss getting to know you better. :( Good luck with everything, and keep up the blog so we can experience the land down under vicariously!

Mrs. Wright said...

Great news! I have friends in Australia and I have cousins who lived there for a couple years. You will LOVE it! What a neat opportunity! Congrats Jared!