Monday, September 1, 2008

46 years!!



On August 21st my parents celebrated their 46th wedding anniversary. I tried uploading pictures earlier, but it wouldn't work. I loved these pictures of my mom & dad. 46 years, 9 children, 10 in-laws, 27 grandchildren & a whole lot of memories. The last picture is of a trip my parents took when I was 2 months old. I am the baby dangling off my sister's arm. Of course my younger brother Jeff is missing, but they drove from Utah to Florida...camping in tents along the way(remember those where the days of cloth diapers...I CAN'T even imagine!!!!)No AC, no seat belts, no DVD player....& tons of fun. We always took fun, long trips like these. We all saw the United States at a young age. I love my parents love for traveling. Seeing parts of the world is priceless. They gave us all such great opportunities and experiences growing up. I know they sacrificed a lot for us. I love them a lot and am grateful for all that they do for me and my family. Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!! Love ya so, so, so, so, much!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I love it!! I love those oldies but goodies pictures. I loved hearing about driving across the country as I family. I remember driving to Yellowstone and taking turns in the back of the station wagon to stretch out!! What a blessing to be part of a family!!

Melanie and Troy said...

Oh the good ol' days! I can't believe how far we've come. I love the "dangling off my sister's arm". That's so cute and funny!