Thursday, September 11, 2008

Camping & freezin our biscuits off

Rex was nervous that he was going to fall.

What is camping without roasting hot dogs.
An old Indian hut.






Last weekend we went camping. We wanted to get one last trip in before it got too cold. We had a fun time. We went to a campground close to our house, by the river. The kids had fun running around & throwing rocks. It got a little chilly at night, but we had fun. At about 3:00 AM, it was cold & Lucy woke up crying & I turned to Jared and said, "Why do I always think this is going to be fun." All in all it was fun. You do it for the kids and for the memories, right?

4 comments:

Mom Schill said...

It was fun to see the Indian house that Rex was telling me about. What fun! I remember so many times suffering through cold nights in the tent. It makes for slow nights and you are so grateful when the sun comes up.

Keli and Mike said...

I love the pictures on the bridge! So fun!!

The Marshall Family said...

I love the bridge pictures too!! I may have to go check this place out.

Angie said...

I feel your pain!! I have so been there. It's so worth it though. The kids only remeber the fun times and they live for those family outings. So fun to see your darling little family and hear about your latest adventures.