Saturday, October 11, 2008

Roma, Italia

I can't even adequately express how happy & excited I am that Italy will be getting a temple. When President Monson announced that a temple would be built in Rome, Italy...wow!! Jared looked at me and we both had tears in our eyes. It was a very emotional moment for me. I sat & thought about all the great, sweet members in Italy that would travel to Switzerland to attend the temple. It is such a huge blessing to know that a temple will be in that country. I have such a special place in my heart for Italy. When I was a missionary there 8 years ago, there was talk about a spot for a temple, but because of certain issues it wasn't going to happen for awhile. The church has grown so much in the last 8 years. General Conference last week was such a blessing to watch and exactly what I needed. There is so much to be grateful for. I am just so happy and excited for the people of Italy. Viva Italia!! Auguri!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I thought of you when they announced the temple in Italy! Wonderful news. Love that Jared got teary eyed with you and you could share that together! I am excited to see you next time your up. Keep me posted... I can't wait to see you!